View Poll Results: Which version should I get?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360

19 47.50%
  • PC

21 52.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 or PC | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Which version of the game I should get? The console version (Xbox 360) or the PC version? (Personal Computers.) I own every single Splinter Cell game for the Xbox mainly because the controls are easy to get used to and feel more fluid. (The PC controls are a disaster.) But I also have a 9500 GTX PC that can take advantage of Conviction's ''Graphical Upgrade.''

I'm just concerned about the keyboard and mouse combination of Convictions. Double Agent's was a disaster. Especially the ''unlocking a vault'' mini-game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I would buy the Xbox 360 version. Better support/DLC/patches/community

Although I do think that Conviction for the PC will be playable with a(n Xbox 360) controller

Sam Ecker
    Editor at Microsoft's Xbox Elite Team: XET360

Banned
    Yeah I would say xbox version.

The PC game will probably end up with tons of glitches and bugs like a lot of PC games do post-release.

I once tried Splinter Cell 1 on PC (i usually play all of them on xbox) and, while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I couldnt stand the controls. I had to plug in my 360 controller and get controller mapping software. I used to play counter strike and other PC fps'es so im used to mouse & keyboard controls, but they just dont feel right on a splinter cell game.

On the Up side, however, like most PC games there will probably be some fantastic mods and user created content that just wont exist on the xbox version.

I think it depends on your hardware.

Pc specs?
    Do you have 5.1 on the pc? ofcourse with speakers?
    And what size is your pc screen?

Same go's for the tv.
    How big is your tv?
    Is it full hd?
    Do you have 5.1 there?

These would the things i would make my decision on.

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (Q6600 @ 2.40gz)
    Graphic Card: Geforce 9500
    Ram: 4 gigs

As for my television... well its a 480i SD with no 5.1 sound. That doesn't stop me from playing 360 games on it though. (as I said, I own Double Agent for my 360.) So yeah, I am leaning more towards the PC version... if it includes good controls along with a nice mouse combination. (I don't mind paying $60 dollars, just as long as I get a good single player mode that lasts 25 to 30 hours.)

The graphics card isn't all that great, but the amount of RAM is very nice and the CPU is fairly decent. I assume your Vista is 64-bit to take advantage of all 4 GB of RAM?

I'd vote for the PC version myself. Though my opinion is biased since I don't have the 360. I can't see any crazy controls being in this game, though. It doesn't appear as though any safe cracking or things of that nature will even be taking place.

Though it seems that these days, PC versions of games that are multi-platform aren't the greatest (ie, buggy). Might be a good idea to wait a day or two to see how the PC version is rated compared to the 360 version.
    "My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last forever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian

Judging on SCA for PC, I would prefer X360 version of SC:C over PC. Not even the strongest PC can overcome bugs in game itself (like DA).

The developers focussed on the Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE, so...

Sam Ecker
    Editor at Microsoft's Xbox Elite Team: XET360

I want to grab it for my 360 because I really enjoy online play, so that's kinda a no brainer for me.

Controls shouldn't be a reason though for you, since you can use a 360 controller with your PC anyways.

I do have a friend that is going to purchase the PC version, since he doesn't have a 360 and that makes me think I will eventually buy 2 versions of the game :S I don't see myself 'not' buying the 360 version. There's something to be said for just playing a game the way it's meant to be played, I've never played a pc game that was as solid as most console titles. Maybe World of Warcraft, but even that had it's issues sometimes.

Originally posted by R411hunter:
    Which version of the game I should get? The console version (Xbox 360) or the PC version? (Personal Computers.) I own every single Splinter Cell game for the Xbox mainly because the controls are easy to get used to and feel more fluid. (The PC controls are a disaster.) But I also have a 9500 GTX PC that can take advantage of Conviction's ''Graphical Upgrade.''

I'm just concerned about the keyboard and mouse combination of Convictions. Double Agent's was a disaster. Especially the ''unlocking a vault'' mini-game.
    Add option "both"...
    http://www.SamFisher.cz- Splinter Cell forever! (Over 25GB Splinter Cell stuffs online! 9,09GB of WMV and 8,03GB of flash 720p HD videos and 699MB HD screenshots from Conviction up to 9126x6453!)

http://www.splintercellconviction.cz - Comix Trailer 720p!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast