View Poll Results: Come on guys, you must be able to gives us a demo as the game was due to be released by now only fo

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i want a Demo and i want it now

20 51.28%
  • Im pretty happy to wait for the full game

13 33.33%
  • Not too bothered

5 12.82%
  • Taking way to long as it is

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Want a DEMO, and we want it NOW | Forums

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This kind of posts are IMO rather useless.

Some of us are waiting for a good WW2 subsim since 'Aces of the Deep'. We've seen what happens when an unfinished product is rushed out more than once...

I want the devs to concentrate all ressources on delivering a polished product that will keep me playing for years to come.

It has been stated repeatedly that a demo WILL be released. But releasing it half a year before the game hits the shelves is, from a marketing POV, rather stupid. You want a demo to create immediate interest before a game is released, not offer a demo long before the actual product is available...

Look for a demo around christmas, and stop bringing up the same old 'requests' every frickin' week.

i agree with pickford1. hes right. thy put back the whole game for one bloody campaign. people seem to want a bloody lifeboat rather than a campaign. u see many campaign polls?
    the game should have already been released. i dont see why they couldnt just add the campaign later. rather than pt it back, again. sorry, but im pissed off that the game didnt come out in september.

It's not "just" the campaign, pushing back the release date also allowed them to add alot of other things they didn't have time to add before. Like the harbors for example, they would have been non existant and there would be no way of actually sailing to your patrol zone yourself, there would have been a stupid warp there and everything then would have been scripted.

In short, SH3 would have been an empty shell of a u-boat sim, just like SH2. Why do you think the community reacted strongly enough to force the devs to push back the release date? I'm happy to wait a couple of months to get a game worthy of taking over the throne that has belonged to AOD for so long instead of just another half assed "sim".

Geez people, where's your patience?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zamo999:
    i agree with pickford1. hes right. thy put back the whole game for one bloody campaign. people seem to want a bloody lifeboat rather than a campaign. u see many campaign polls?
    the game should have already been released. i dont see why they couldnt just add the campaign later. rather than pt it back, again. sorry, but im pissed off that the game didnt come out in september. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This post cleary shows how different people's expectations are about SHIII.

Some want a game with nice grafics and stuff to blow up, others want a WW2-subsim.

The single most important feature for SHIII for every subsimmer was the dynamic campaign. Without a dynamic campaign I wouldn't have bothered to buy SHIII. As Kejotikk mentioned, the delay not only enabled the devs to include this feature, but in fact many more like harbours, sealife etc, besides spending more time on delivering a polished product.

The attitude of some people, their "gimme now"-attitude is IMO extremely selfish and short-sighted.

I’m with ParaB here. The demo is released when the demo is ready, stop wining about it.

Leif…

I want a demo for Xmas! and I want it then! Or a couple of months before the release of the game

No, actually I don't need a demo. I want a good game able to take the place of AOD in my PC -but surely AOD will have a place in my heart, with SSII!

Of course AOD will always have that special place in our hearts but it's about time something worthy to take its place came don't you think?

Of course we all want a demo, but what would you prefer: A low quality game with a demo. Or have a game that will impress you?

We have to allow the Developers to focus their time an effort on the game and not a demo.
    Besides, I don't think they care much about posts like this, the only changes of plan will be probably for patches and improvements.

A demo is just a demo..and plus..it can add to valuable feedback to the team as to tweaking and possible problems..as well as create more interest in the game....I would like a demo too..it will fill in the long void until Feburary or later....I think it wouldn't sacrafice game play.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast