Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell : Need an option to turn off annoying profanity spewing enemy voices | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hey Ubisoft,
    I bought Splinter Cell at release and would like to ask for an update to your game. I am a family guy and find the amount of profanity in your game to be extreme (every other word is F, MFer and so on). I am a huge fan of Splinter Cell from the beginning, but I would not have purchased this game if I had known the ridiculous amount of hard core cursing that is constant and adds nothing to the game (when does it?). If you want me to continue to purchase games at release and not just rent then I ask that you please provide an update to your game that allows me to filter the enemies cursing. It is really really annoying to the point where I just mute the game during play. I have never had to do that with any game. Why don't you follow EPIC's great feature to filter out hardcore profanity. Your game is offensive and I can't play it even with my wife in the room! Who thinks that much profanity adds anything to the game? It is childish and I am very disappointed in my purchase. If no fix is provided I will sell the game and avoid buying any further Ubisoft games at release (rent only at best). I'll support the games like Gears that doesn't force filth on me!
    David
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey Ubisoft,
    I bought Splinter Cell at release and would like to ask for an update to your game. I am a family guy and find the amount of profanity in your game to be extreme (every other word is F, MFer and so on). I am a huge fan of Splinter Cell from the beginning, but I would not have purchased this game if I had known the ridiculous amount of hard core cursing that is constant and adds nothing to the game (when does it?). If you want me to continue to purchase games at release and not just rent then I ask that you please provide an update to your game that allows me to filter the enemies cursing. It is really really annoying to the point where I just mute the game during play. I have never had to do that with any game. Why don't you follow EPIC's great feature to filter out hardcore profanity. Your game is offensive and I can't play it even with my wife in the room! Who thinks that much profanity adds anything to the game? It is childish and I am very disappointed in my purchase. If no fix is provided I will sell the game and avoid buying any further Ubisoft games at release (rent only at best). I'll support the games like Gears that doesn't force filth on me!
    David

It does have a big red 18 on the European boxes, im guessing MA on the US ones?

For me that is a sign that there is either, nudity, sex, drug stuff, abusive language.

Wow that was brilliant! Thanks so much! I am so enlightened now...I always wondered what the M meant? Ugh...why bother responding if you are going to say that? So you don't find the repetitive enemy voices annoying then (with or without the expletives)? If not, have you played the game?

I'm not saying take out all profanity (although what would it hurt?). The amount and repetiviveness of the profanity is what I addressing. I'm just saying it adds nothing and only detracts from the suitability for the games intended "mature" audience. Would any have downgraded the game if they had left out the profanity? NO

I have to agree the profanity does nothing more than titillate the underaged gamers into feeling more "hardcore" because of the constant swearing. Most games that have an "M" rating however do have profanity mixed in with them. Although I must agree completely - it's useless and pointless in a game like this.

In the future I would avoid any titles with an "M" rating. When developers start seeing a new trend, they may start making more games with a lower rating or at the least the swearing off option.

I too btw would welcome such a patch. It really lowers the bar on a game like this. Almost cheapens it to see it falling back on such cheap dialogue as if to imply the developers weren't creative enough to come up with better in game AI dialogue so they went the lazy cuss-word route.

If I may help in any way perhaps I can suggest some alternatives for them in that patch:

Alternative AI text for NON-SWEARING Patch:

For when the AI spots a player previously hidden:

"I see you, ya rotund bottomed futon dweller!"

"I see your muffin tops poking out from around that box! Get out here foo'!"

For when the AI begins to fight with a player: "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!"

"I'm gonna dog you like a ring ding at a weight watchers convention foo'!!"

For when the AI holds its ground and is suspicious you are in the area:

"You better come out here! I've got my cellphone! I dialed 9 then 1 and my finger is hovering over the 1 again! Don't make me do it!!"

"Everyone get back to your posts - I've activated the Sloman's shield! We're good!"

"SAM? SAAAM? Sammy? SAM? Sam? Saaaam? Sammy Sam? Sam? Sam? Sam Fisher? Saaam...sam? SAM!....you there?"

For when the AI is returning to a calm state:

"It's all good folks, you can all go back to eating your double down KFC sandwiches!"

"ALL CLEAR! We can get back to our bingo game!"

"Phew! Its a good thing no one was out there. I might have had to cap a foo'...word."

Naturally these are just some of the cleaner suggestions...I'm sure Ubisoft could do better....
    -PAN
    Believer | Survivor | Gamer | Graphic Designer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PANdaRUZ:
    I have to agree the profanity does nothing more than titillate the underaged gamers into feeling more "hardcore" because of the constant swearing. Most games that have an "M" rating however do have profanity mixed in with them. Although I must agree completely - it's useless and pointless in a game like this.

In the future I would avoid any titles with an "M" rating. When developers start seeing a new trend, they may start making more games with a lower rating or at the least the swearing off option.

I too btw would welcome such a patch. It really lowers the bar on a game like this. Almost cheapens it to see it falling back on such cheap dialogue as if to imply the developers weren't creative enough to come up with better in game AI dialogue so they went the lazy cuss-word route.

If I may help in any way perhaps I can suggest some alternatives for them in that patch:

Alternative AI text for NON-SWEARING Patch:

For when the AI spots a player previously hidden:

"I see you, ya rotund bottomed futon dweller!"

"I see your muffin tops poking out from around that box! Get out here foo'!"

For when the AI begins to fight with a player: "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!"

"I'm gonna dog you like a ring ding at a weight watchers convention foo'!!"

For when the AI holds its ground and is suspicious you are in the area:

"You better come out here! I've got my cellphone! I dialed 9 then 1 and my finger is hovering over the 1 again! Don't make me do it!!"

"Everyone get back to your posts - I've activated the Sloman's shield! We're good!"

"SAM? SAAAM? Sammy? SAM? Sam? Saaaam? Sammy Sam? Sam? Sam? Sam Fisher? Saaam...sam? SAM!....you there?"

For when the AI is returning to a calm state:

"It's all good folks, you can all go back to eating your double down KFC sandwiches!"

"ALL CLEAR! We can get back to our bingo game!"

"Phew! Its a good thing no one was out there. I might have had to cap a foo'...word."

Naturally these are just some of the cleaner suggestions...I'm sure Ubisoft could do better.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol at the above joke. I really don't notice the cursing too much in the full game, but in the demo it was awful. At least rs vegas had voice volume you could turn down so you wouldn't hear it. I still love this game, even if I have to wait until nighttime ( for others ) to play it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by forester057:
    Hey Ubisoft,
    David </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I applaud your conviction.

Violence and killing dudes is a-okay!

Swear words and boobies? *raises cross* BEGONE YE FOUL BEAST, DOWN TO THE BOWELS OF HELL WHERE YE BELONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast