Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction Change laungage from polish to english | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

hi,i need help i have a polish SPC and i want to change it to english but when i start then installation there is no install wizard shield asking me what laungage i want PLS HELP!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've got the same problem. Let me know if you find a fix. I gave up a month after I got the game.

Buying the game may have been a good place to start.

well i searched everywhere torrents megupload and so on and i cant find a english fix...i think the only way to do it is to download pirate version but not crack it.

czesc. wiesz moze gdzie kupic DLC INSURGENCY do Conviction? czy to wogole jest mozliwe w polsce, posiadajac polska wersje gry? prosze o odpowiedz i dzieki.

Splinter Cell Conviction Change language...
    You should be able to change the in-game Language during the Installation process.

To change the Language, when you INSTALL the Game, there should be a Drop-down box and menu asking you to choose the game's default Language, if you have a Retail Copy of Conviction. Check it again, there should be an option to select the in-game Language, when the Install Window comes.....

Or, you can also edit the Registry entries for the Game as shown below.

Open the registry editor by typing 'regedit' inside the Start--->Search/run window, and navigate to the following path as shown below. You need to expand the nodes, and then look on the right side of the Open window.

Change the value of "Language" to English, if you want the Game to be in this language. Also try to change the second value to "us". I think for POLISH this should be 'pl', and for DUTCH 'nl' etc. ?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Splinter Cell - Conviction
    "InstallDir"="D:\\Games\\Splinter Cell Conviction"
    "Language"="English"
    "version"="1.03"
    "installed"="TRUE"
    "locversion"="1"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Splinter Cell - Conviction\GameUpdate
    "execPath"="D:\\Games\\Splinter Cell Conviction\\src\\system\\conviction_game.exe"
    "installdir"="D:\\Games\\Splinter Cell Conviction"
    "language"="us"
    "info"="7af3c50d34d744b18483225115fb2700"

The above is just an example, as the Game's actual Install path might be different in your case. For 64 bit OS, the path is 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\S plinter Cell - Conviction'.

There is one more method to change the Language, but it requires some editing of the Game's localization and few other files.

-------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by WianeckiJakub:
    hi,i need help i have a polish SPC and i want to change it to english but when i start then installation there is no install wizard shield asking me what laungage i want PLS HELP!

This is a pretty old issue, and so far there was no solution. As far as I could tell, there was no good way to change the language if your legally acquired copy doesn't provide it on its own during installation. Blame the distributor.