Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Admiral Calania's Settlers 7 Campaign Walkthroughs | Forums

Help. I am a newbie to the settlers and am stuck on campaign 4 - How long does it take to establish a trade route. I've got enough men, clicked on the icon I want to head to and still not there after nearly an hour. What am I doing wrong?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Settlers Moderator sings_in_tune's Avatar
    Southern Ontario, ...................... Canada
    Yes, you must be doing something wrong.

You can watch the traders leave the Export Office and run to the Port to establish a trade route. It takes as long as it takes them to run there, about 20 seconds depending on where your Export office is - if the road is clear. And the road must be clear if you were able to build an Export Office. Be aware that traders sent to establish trade routes never return to the Export Office, you must train more. Traders that run to the port to carry out tades do return and so are "reusable".

If you mouse over the population count at the top of your map, you can see how many traders you have; at the top of the trade board you can see how many traders are in the Export office, ie. if your trader is running to the port, the map says you have one trader, the trade board says you have zero.

Thanx for the guides, they are truly brilliant but its 100 years of peace that has me stumped. I have attempted this well over 100 times and never done it!!

I think the issue is the church. If I follow Admiral Calania's guide to the letter then the Bishop completes his church well ahead of me. If I concentrate on the church then I get attacked at the south west gate and either way I get wasted.

I've never found a happy medium for it so must assume that I am doing something really critically wrong?

It just seems to take a huge amount of time to to get the provision to the storehouse that provides the church so the upgrades take too long.

Any ideas?

The link for Calania's walkthrough for 100 years of Peace does not work (for me anyways) so after reading one of her others, I'm guessing what it might be like. She has done a great job. She seems to have a talent for writing!

How much iron, stone and planks do you have?
    If you have iron, stone and planks, check your logistics queue. What is the first thing in the construction section? Is there a reason it is not being built? No materials or something?

I have written a walkthrough that should get the map done in 25 minutes - I'm guessing Calania's is much the same. I don't know if it's right to post it here in Calania's thread.

I have sent you a private message.
    Last edited by sings_in_tune; 03-16-2012 at 06:47 PM.

the last campaign 100 years of peace

I've tried the Admirals walkthrough, 3 times now and each time lost. I can never get on the tech tree as the others get there first.
    There must be another way of doing it or has the game changed since he wrote the walkthrough?

Why is it that I can only link to missions 5, 6, 7, and 10. The links for missions 8, 9, 11 and 12 just take me to the main forum page.

Admiral Calania has not been active in this thread since Dec. 2010. I would like to help people with questions but I cannot unless I can read the walkthroughs she wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnoWatford View Post
    I've tried the Admirals walkthrough, 3 times now and each time lost. I can never get on the tech tree as the others get there first.
    There must be another way of doing it or has the game changed since he wrote the walkthrough?
    Her walkthrough is done at easy. If you're at a harder difficulty it might change the pacing. Personally, I played it on normal and unlike the walkthrough, did all 3 techs first rather than immediately take the right sector. Going this route you need to make sure your beer production goes faster, so I set it to fast food initially.

I also found I had to be much more aggressive upgrading the church to get the Abby VP.

Quote Originally Posted by sings_in_tune View Post
    Why is it that I can only link to missions 5, 6, 7, and 10. The links for missions 8, 9, 11 and 12 just take me to the main forum page.

Admiral Calania has not been active in this thread since Dec. 2010. I would like to help people with questions but I cannot unless I can read the walkthroughs she wrote.
    I don't know why the link is broken, but you can see missiions 5-12 here: http://www.settlers7tips.com/walkthroughs
    Last edited by rodman012003; 04-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clappers66 View Post
    Thanx for the guides, they are truly brilliant but its 100 years of peace that has me stumped. I have attempted this well over 100 times and never done it!!

I think the issue is the church. If I follow Admiral Calania's guide to the letter then the Bishop completes his church well ahead of me. If I concentrate on the church then I get attacked at the south west gate and either way I get wasted.

I've never found a happy medium for it so must assume that I am doing something really critically wrong?
    It just seems to take a huge amount of time to to get the provision to the storehouse that provides the church so the upgrades take too long.

Any ideas?

The walkthroughs are done on easy. These are the changes I did to accomodate 'normal' difficulty. Since you start with the church already built I presume you meant 'abby'. Personally I changed the prestige order, skipped forester entirely and moved church/church upgrade/abby above roads/geologist. Then I took two of the rewards as boards/stones rather than tools, as the accelerated build pace and lack of the geologist will leave you a bit board/stone poor. You should also make sure you build some additional storehouses in the start town, as there's a lot of industry there and your starting storehouse's 3 porters can be overwhelmed with orders easily. I think I put a storehouse directly across from the Church. Right away I also build a lodge and woodcutter across from the tavern and just chopped a path clear to it, saving myself the rather useless (for this map at least) Forest clearing prestige point. There's only two places on this map where trees were in the way, both easily cleared by a woodchopper (the other one was near the gold mine in the SW sector).

I learned a lot about how constructors work on this map. Probably the funniest moment was after taking the eastern sector, building a constructor and upgrading the camp. I was watching the construction worker hauling 5 boards from my main town allllllll the way to the turnoff from the main road into the camp, when at that precise moment the constructor I'd set to build in the sector completed. Instantly the construction worker stopped, pulled out his union rulebook, declared 'not my job' and proceeded to head all the way back to town taking the 5 boards with him!

So now I know, if you're going to build a constructor, don't mark anything else in that sector for construction till its complete.
    Last edited by rodman012003; 04-24-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Thank you, rodman, for the point to Settlers7tips.com. I compalined to one of the forum moderators who said e would try to get the links here fixed.

I agree about the forest clearing prestige point. I never use it. Just build a woodcutter.

Here are a couple of suggestions for people who find the church upgrades take a long time.
    • If you have other building going on, open the logistics menu, find the church upgrade, and move it to the front of the queue.
    • If you start filling in prestige extentions around the church, you will use up the stone in the storehouse and the upgrade will not progress until more stone arrives.
    Last edited by sings_in_tune; 04-26-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast