Page 1 of 161 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Server not available - unable to play at all? | Forums

********** UPDATE **********

Please note that this thread is about a clearly identified issue that keeps some users (esp. from Australia) from creating/activating their multiplayer profile.
    Unfortunately this leads to the "server unavailable" message which is also displayed for general connection issues.
    The workaround for this problem is to log into the MyRealm site once - approximately one hour later your account should be "unlocked".

If your problem does not precisely fit this description it is most likely a different issue!
    You can find some general hints on connection problems here - if that does not solve your problem you should get into contact with our support or post your problems in this forum (preferably in this order).

I will close this thread soon, when the workaround mentioned above is no longer needed.

You can find the original post below
    Hi all,
    since the problem seems to have disappeared for some of the affected players I'd like to have an up-to-date overview.

If you have never been able to start the game due to the "Server not available" message right after the initial loading screen please post:

1. Your account name (as entered in the UGL)
    2. Your location & ISP
    3. How you purchased the game (Steam, retail...)
    4. Time of your last login attempt (ie last game start)

Thanks alot!

UPDATE:
    We have tracked down the issue - it's a problem that occurs when linking your keys to the multiplayer profile.
    Ubisoft GNS and TG-OPS are currently working on a solution - I'll keep you updated.

UPDATE:
    We have "unlocked" those accounts which we could identify as having this specific problem (this process is automated to run hourly)
    If this has solved the problem for you (sometime last week) we'd appreciate a short notice.
    If your problem persists please make sure there's nothing else blocking your connection.

UPDATE:
    One more thing: if you have changed your password - uncheck "Remember me" in the UGL (hit "Logout" after starting) somtimes it fails to notice the change...(and then wrongly displays "Server not available")

UPDATE:
    The issue should be completely gone with the next patch.
    Until then logging into the "MyRealm" site will "unlock" your account.

I will close & unsticky this thread after the patch release to avoid confusion with unrelated issues.

********** UPDATE **********

Please note that this thread is about a clearly identified issue that keeps some users (esp. from Australia) from creating/activating their multiplayer profile.
    Unfortunately this leads to the "server unavailable" message which is also displayed for general connection issues.
    The workaround for this problem is to log into the MyRealm site once - approximately one hour later your account should be "unlocked".

If your problem does not precisely fit this description it is most likely a different issue!
    You can find some general hints on connection problems here - if that does not solve your problem you should get into contact with our support or post your problems in this forum (preferably in this order).

I will close this thread soon, when the workaround mentioned above is no longer needed.

You can find the original post below
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    Hi all,
    since the problem seems to have disappeared for some of the affected players I'd like to have an up-to-date overview.

If you have never been able to start the game due to the "Server not available" message right after the initial loading screen please post:

1. Your account name (as entered in the UGL)
    2. Your location & ISP
    3. How you purchased the game (Steam, retail...)
    4. Time of your last login attempt (ie last game start)

Thanks alot!

UPDATE:
    We have tracked down the issue - it's a problem that occurs when linking your keys to the multiplayer profile.
    Ubisoft GNS and TG-OPS are currently working on a solution - I'll keep you updated.

UPDATE:
    We have "unlocked" those accounts which we could identify as having this specific problem (this process is automated to run hourly)
    If this has solved the problem for you (sometime last week) we'd appreciate a short notice.
    If your problem persists please make sure there's nothing else blocking your connection.

UPDATE:
    One more thing: if you have changed your password - uncheck "Remember me" in the UGL (hit "Logout" after starting) somtimes it fails to notice the change...(and then wrongly displays "Server not available")

UPDATE:
    The issue should be completely gone with the next patch.
    Until then logging into the "MyRealm" site will "unlock" your account.

I will close & unsticky this thread after the patch release to avoid confusion with unrelated issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. D4rcos
    2. South Africa - Mweb
    3. Steam
    4. 7:30am SA time

UGL account name: Jimah
    Steam purchase
    Last login: 2036 AEDT (3 minutes ago).

I can get past the loading screen, however no matter what game mode I select (campaign, quick start single player, multiplayer, etc) as soon as the map loads I get an attempting to establish network connection error.
    All birds/settlers/etc are motionless in the menu and in the map.

1. bug1802
    2. Australia - Westnet
    3. Steam
    4. 7:44pm AU time (10mins ago)

Hi,
    Mansen66
    Bejing China, with VPN
    Steam
    ~15 hours ago.

1. JvdBerg80
    2. Cairns, Australia - "Optus Yes (ISP)"
    3. Retail (JB-HiFi, Cairns)
    4. 11:58 (Central European Time - CET)

We have a strong indication it is the CD key. Look at this, starting by Bug 1802

Oooh, and .... you owe us an official statement

1. zwonker
    2. Adelaide, Australia / Internode
    3. Retail DVD (JB-HiFi)
    4. 1 min before posting this, 8.34pm AEST

never been able to play.

1. Micco070890
    2. Denmark - TDC
    3. Steam
    4. 12:06 (Central European Time - CET+1) (2 min. ago)

1. ozkao
    2. Western Australia - Westnet
    3. Steam
    4. 6:00pm AU time

Page 1 of 161 1231151101 ... LastLast