Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SC: Conviction Official Feedback Thread | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

<span class="ev_code_RED">[SPOILER!!!!!]</span>

there is a part in the white box mission when the elevator door opens and you see a bunch of slaughtered scientists. well in the next room was a room full of 4 guards and two scientists on their knees getting ready to be executed. I managed to open the door portable emp the room hand to hand kill the first guard, and mark and execute the other three guards before they even have a clue to whats going on. Even with all the guards dead, IMAGINARY BULLETS FIND THEIR WAY INTO THE SCIENTISTS HEADS. HMMMM? WTF!?!?!

I AM A HERO OK, AND I DONT LIKE UBISOFT TRYING TO TELL ME WHEN INNOCENT PEOPLE SHOULD DIE WHEN THEY CLEARLY SHOULDNT HAVE!!!!!
    DARKNESS= neck breakage!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well the game was great and the overall tone was one of a heavy story-driven game. It was good. The game does have small flaws that can make the overall experience frustrating once or twice during the game. Like having to infiltrate a place without being detected but not being able to move bodies, and the mission fails if any guards find bodies. Or the fact that in Realistic the AI's are so close sometimes it's impossible to stealth through.

I personally could use the return of a silent light deactivation device, much like the old OCP. Or maybe make the Portable EMP targetable and much weaker, but also unlimited. And the ability to move bodies. Those two things would make the game a lot better.

And maybe make the Sonar Goggles flicker less when walking slowy. It use it generally to see in the dark and it can be pretty annoying at times.

Ability to move bodies... In SCC style, drag the bodies away by grabbing their foot or throw them out from the windows. I should be able to attach/detach upgrades into my weapons! I felt ******ed while playing this cause I couldn't, made the experience horrible. The right and left hand side switch wasn't there and I missed it. The little things like where the handguns disappear when you unequip them? Practically in the air, why wasn't there a holster for it? The eternal pain of watching an assault rifle floating in the air on Sam's back was so not refreshing. A strap for it could've been nice.

With this I try to say... It's the many little things that make an awesome game, not the one or two major ones.

Originally posted by STK_468:

there is a part in the white box mission when the elevator door opens and you see a bunch of slaughtered scientists. well in the next room was a room full of 4 guards and two scientists on their knees getting ready to be executed. I managed to open the door portable emp the room hand to hand kill the first guard, and mark and execute the other three guards before they even have a clue to whats going on. Even with all the guards dead, IMAGINARY BULLETS FIND THEIR WAY INTO THE SCIENTISTS HEADS. HMMMM? WTF!?!?!

I AM A HERO OK, AND I DONT LIKE UBISOFT TRYING TO TELL ME WHEN INNOCENT PEOPLE SHOULD DIE WHEN THEY CLEARLY SHOULDNT HAVE!!!!!
    LoL I did that exact same thing... I couldn't believe that the dev's forced it like that. I thought I was one to come and SAVE THE DAY! but no instead I get dead scientist and am left to stand for 10 secs in awe of disbelief, only saving that one annoying sounding ***** wasn't good enough. It's 60€ down the drain, and another three years to wait for another SC game.

I quite enjoyed SCC. Was it worth the years of waiting? Eh. Was it a awesomely fun action game? Yes. I have played all the previous SC installments, and while the change of gameplay style was unexpected, it wasn't entirely illogical and was a riotous amount of fun (especially in co-op).

I have a few complaints about the game though, most of which revolves around the uPlay system and multiple playthroughs. The uPlay system needs to be integrated into the game menu. It shouldn't be a stand-alone application that quits from the game every time I launch it. Also, when the game ships everything listed in the uPlay store should be available. The "coming soon" parts of the uPlay service make the service feel more tacked on and rushed than it should.

Secondly, for second playthroughs I think I've earned the right to use some new skins in the game. I prefer playing co-op and campaign and it would be nice to see some abilities to reskin either Sam or his weapons.

Last, the weapon upgrade system. It's far too easy to unlock all the upgrades (two playthroughs were all it took to unlock everything) and you can't reverse an upgrade. This is extremely frustrating, especially when some of the upgrades negatively impact the game's playability (such as zooming in with a ACOG scope on the AK47, which is shockingly disorienting going from third person to first person with such a high zoom on the gun). Also, the ability to unlock marks for execute was poorly thought out since I only used two guns throughout both playthroughs since they had maximum marks (Five-Seven for 4 marks and the M4 for marks/suppressor & accuracy). This stymied the variety in the game and prevented me from using the AK due to the scope since the M4 would allow me to zoom in just slightly and still land a headshot with the overly generous auto-aim. I was also shocked to find that the SC3K would only allow 2 marks even after being fully upgraded. A Splinter Cell game and I spent the entire game without once firing the signature rifle? Inexcusable.

These irritations aside, I was otherwise impressed and thrilled by the gameplay change. And while Ubisoft and I don't exactly see eye to eye (especially on the use of their in-game advertising system which I find shatters the fourth wall and drops my entire enjoyment of the experience for a brief moment), I still enjoy the Tom Clancy lineup and will continue to purchase their games.

EDIT: Removed dissatisfaction with uPlay store unlocks since I was shown how to properly unlock the weapons I wanted.

Originally posted by wtfisupwiththis:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STK_468:

LoL I did that exact same thing... I couldn't believe that the dev's forced it like that. I thought I was one to come and SAVE THE DAY! but no instead I get dead scientist and am left to stand for 10 secs in awe of disbelief, only saving that one annoying sounding ***** wasn't good enough. It's 60€ down the drain, and another three years to wait for another SC game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I replayed that stupid part at least half a dozen times trying to save the scientists to no avail. Really upsetting. Sam might be ****ed but He (I) still went out of my way to save the pilots in Seoul, and Sam would have saved the scientists here as well.

I like the game simply because I am new to Splinter Cell. I stumbled upon it last year in searching for another title and seen the E3 demo. Since then, I had been waiting for it to come out. The E3 demo and the actual masion seen are different. "?" A few things that I don't like about the game is like a lot of people have stated, why can't you move bodies? Also, I think Sam should of had a "life" bar. I mean, I hate getting spotted and shot at two times and then I'm dead. I have never played a game where the character didn't have a life bar. Also, I think there should have been a map of all the levels in the corner of the screen or something so that you could see where you are going and track the enemies movements much better. I felt like you kept pushing this game back for "better polishing" reasons and there wasn't a lot of polish on it. Also, I would have like to be able to control Sam's fighting skills with button combos. I mean, during an interrogation, all you have to do is press "B" and then you smash the guys around. You should have taken a page from the Bourne Conspiracy. I mean, if Sam is supposed to be a master of a certain fighting style, thenlet me use it in the game. Graphics are tight. I love the opening scene with Victor Coste. however, entire game doesn't have that movie graphic quality. I also loved the Desert Storm level. Only becasue my brother was over there during that war and i loved how you could see the oil wells on fire in the background. I still have more to play so I can't comment on the rest of the game. I haven't played Batman Arkham Asylum so I can't compare it like others but, all in all I think it was a good job. Next time, just don't make us wait so long for a title and then don't put that extra polish on it like you said you were doing for years.

The only major flaw is really the multiplayer player system they need to add more players 1 vs 1 gets boring or 2 players together gets boring as well. They need to at least raise it to 4 players or more to make it more enjoyable. I also think they should of kept the ability to drag bodies. In one situation I shot a guard and he dropped in front of a cameras view the camera saw him and I got detected. I should of been able to drag his body away but sadly could not this needs to come back. There are several other flaws that have been mentioned above as well. I also feel P.E.C is a huge disapointment with such few customization possibilities.

I am still waiting for mine on PC, however, I do have to say I got some comments about the game. I just saw people play it and I will be providing feedback for what I have seen.

Great game, however, the main problem is, the story is too short. There isn't enough emotional moments when Sam reunites with Sarah in the helicopter. There is enough in the flashback when Sarah was a little girl. I feel that Tom Reed should have more involvement in the story. He is a person that never shows up in the story. He is someone that is very important and like a boss but has no role until the end. And I was just wondering, was any of the E3 video footage level in the game? I know the Lincoln Memorial is, but was there the shooting the guards and the flashbang? If it is, then I love it. Is the piano scene with Tom Reed in there? If it is, then I love it. If those 2 are not, it feels more like Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway where the E3 levels are not in the game. I hate this so much!

Overall, the game is awesome. Love the M&E but it should be more of a reward, like after several stealth kills. The black and white needs a bit of work...it's fine but annoying at times. I love the CQC moves, I guess wrestling could have been incorporated. Love to see a stunner in the game. Perhaps a sweet chin music. They are pretty fast paced moves.

Multiplayer should be a bit better. Love the 1vs1 but I think 16vs16 would be great.
    Love to see SVM but make it more accessible and similar to the game feature. Co-op is great but ending is so sad. More unlocks, like weapons, clothing, etc. But make it so that attachments can be detached.

One thing I don't get is that the game is for causal players. I heard mostly for little kids. However, the rating is M and 18+, so how can UBISOFT make the games for little kids?! BTW, well, stereotypically, adults should be more mature and can handle playing the game with patience, I say this b/c of stealth.

Don't the mods of the forum work for UBISOFT? Shouldn't they get the hands on the game already? And also "agree" and "like" the game no matter what?

I have to rate the game 10/10 even though, I have suggestions. I always rate all SC games 10/10. I am just a huge fan! I love SC and SC:C!
    SCB is an OKAY game. 7/10. Stealth is the only fun aspect of the game. Everything else sucks. Action gameplay sucks unless I am ranting. And why UBISOFT won't upload save games anymore?! Make me start over! Conviction had it! All it does is saving stupid achievements. I don't care about these things! Argh! UBISOFT, what happened?! Young Sam Fisher is on crack! LOL I am serious, all those super fast running movements. Where has the old Splinter Cell gone to? Where has the old Tom Clancy games gone to? The good old days. Sigh. UBI. Take notes!
    Overall: PURE GHOST PLAYER Woo...

Merging

Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
    So been playing this with my woman, dragged her on it because i wanted a decent partner. one i could mold into my playstyle lol

well this game is fantastic

spent a good 8 hours on the first two co-op missions, while she got up to speed and i got used to the gameplay.

after seeing 4 chapters i was bummed out until i played them and they are really big maps with tons of objectives and they last quite some time

where people get the idea you can run and gun on realistic is beyond me. you drop down like a sack really fast. its not like you can hide in cover either because the dudes flank you and throw grenades and when you try and dart to another cover you get shot at or run into other dudes, plus more reinforcements come unlike in single player which is also challenging. stealth is definately the way to go

the mark and execute system doesnt make the game too easy. you never get enough, they are hard to earn most of the time and involve alot of prepwork to make sure you get all the guys. because if you dont you get spotted and chaos ensues. its pretty mandatory for some places too and it never feels like a win button. more of a desperation or well planned thing

i wont lie to you guys on realistic we died an awful lot and i wouldnt call myself a bad gamer. been playing for 20 years and was pretty pwnsome at the older games and this really snt easy.

the ai is alot better too than past iterations. i replayed the older games weeks up to launch (today for me btw) and the ai was rediculous. this ai is pretty brutal most of the time with a few exceptions

i played some of the story too and it was great.

why people say this doesnt feel like splintercell is a mystery but to each their own. i'm enjoying this and i shall be playing my game for many months ahead at this rate.

leaving the forums now. only came here for info and just got a wall of unnecessary hate spewed about every single little aspect of the game the majority of which wasnt even true.

so toodles and might see some of you online

"Tonight's forecast...dark."

Forum Rules · Ubi Support

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast