06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I've been playing this game on the 360 since it came out, and the most annoying part for me it's the unit killers. It's way too hard to level up your units, and the double experience points helps a lot to solve that out, but it only works on the weekends.
The solutions that I've found about this is pulling out of the game if the guy it's a unit killer or just play in maps where the enemy doesn't have air support.
I will encourage Ubisoft to standardize double experience points as a daily thing, reduce the time it takes for a unit to get killed or something like that.
I think it was a very bad idea as a game design decision to give achievements for players that perform the most annoying action of the game as unit killing is.
06-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Unit Killers are an issue, but if they are going to offer a trophy for killing 500 units then its going to be encouraged in order to get all of the trophies possible. I dont agree with unit killing. but the problem is not enough people are playing the game just now so when it happens, you know straight away you recall the name and if its 4v4 you kill them all to make sure you got the 1 person who did it. then all 4 are branded unit killers and now so are you.
06-19-2009, 09:32 AM
i have notice that more people are leaveing the game because of unit killing so if the game is to live on unit killing should stop people are geting sick of it includeing my self
07-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Do these posts really get read by the T.O.W. team? If they do then great! End war is one of the best stratagy games ever made! some people have made these points before but here is what I think would make T.O.W. a better game for everyone:
1) Different faction upgrades that would make them stand out from each other. At the moment I feel the only thing seperating the JSF from the EFEC and SGB are; range, Speed and strength respectively. Why not a specialised vehical for each faction or different upgrades beyond level 8?
2) I for one would like to see more maps be put on the game, like twenty more. Sometimes I like to get really drunk and play this game but for a european it was quite frustrating. At one time we were forced right into our capital and remained there for about a month, wasn't much fun.
3) How about merging all the servers together? I bet its frustrating for the EW team to work on all three servers. Why not merge them? it would incredebly benifficial for all the players aswell. We wouldn't have to wait so long for a game and would have a varied range of stratagies come into play.
This would make the game go from great to absolutely awsome!!!
P.S. is it just the europeans but the servers been down for five days now. Any idea why?
07-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Can you explain "3 Servers" Do you mean PS3, Xbox 360, and PC? Please clarify.
07-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Give efec some downloads to slightly beef up arty.
I'm thinking either rate of fire, or range at the high end. No arty should have range that efec arty does hehe.
Gunships could use yet another mobility to make them much faster then the other ones.. since they have no armor.. they may as well
07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Based on PC:
Okay played the game seems good, think the voice commands could like work a little better with different acsents cause it doesn't seem to understand me saying "two", probally thinks im saying "to".
Played Theatre of War and well like everyone says, how you get a match. You either get a match against some guy with full upgrades or someone living in the middle of nowhere with a system lucky enough to hit 2fps.
Also what would probally increase playablilty is the ability to actually talk to other players, or your own faction atleast.
If no chat system is invented then multiplayer is doomed. Also why is PC left out on that map pack? are we black?
Finally Ubisoft screwed up Assasins Creed on PC when it was released so dunno why I bothered to give them a second chance with an RTS. Goodluck getting a Dev team for this game.
08-16-2009, 12:12 AM
ok, so what they need to do if find a way so everyone on each side can talk to each other. This would result in cordinated attacks/ counter attacks against the enemy. Also it would help fractions determine a plan that works. It would basicly be a feture in which you join a channel with everyone who is on ur faction is on and you can talk to thiem and stratagize everything before you go onto the battle map.
09-08-2010, 09:30 AM
EndWar is by far my favorite game on the 360. I honestly believe it has a great deal going for it. The graphics, the uprading, theatre itself are all GREAT!. There are some issues that should have been fixed a long time ago, and 1 of those things would kill multiplayer game that exists, but is also in part makes this game unique (killing units). I personally enjoy losing a unit here and there so I can level them up, but I assure you that if any game let anonamous behavior like this in a game, the game would die. I know plenty of people who picked up the game as a rental and were chased off. Simple Minor tweaks:
First examine the goal of the game? The goal is to have fun, and grow the community (or number of players playing theatre of war in this case). More players mean faster games, and more fun, plus you can throw them downloads.
Problem with Unit killing is it does not promote more players. If done perfectly, it could, but every faction would have to be perfectly balanced, and every map would also have to be. I propose simple changes to this and a few other things that I honestly believe will make a HUGE differenc3 for endwar.
1. Make evac, and downed units INV to air strikes. For those players who like to slaughter every unit on the map, make them work for it.
- This forces people to risk their units to kill (sure it won't make much of a difference against those legendaries that can kill super fast anyway but it's a big step).
- This will make players more likely to play on maps where the enemy have air strikes. Anyone who has played the game since release knows it's hard to get a match, but it's even harder when you have air strikes and they don't.
Other suggestions around unit killing I'm sure have been mentioned, but i'm not so sure about.
Possible ideals that are iffy:
1. Only allow 2 units per battle to die per player max? Not so sure about it.
2. No emp nuke?
3. Double XP - this may allow the units killed not to matter as much. 3 times xp on week-ends. (again not sure about this one)
Other simple changes that would make a different in my opinion:
1. Take away any progress on the theatre of war map, so we can no longer tell how well 1 side is doing. This will make people more likely to play on it to the very end instead of just boosting it and then not playing it. Sitting around in these maps for an hour to find a match is no fun.
2. Not sure how simple this is - Tell us how many players are on line in theatre of war, of indicate how many lobbies are open or something.
3. RESET the player counts! MOST of the player base has been chased away by unit killing pyco's with absolutely no respect for the other side. Those players still show up as members of their factions but haven't played in a year. RESET the counts, so players whom haven't played in 4 months no longer count towards total per faction.
4. THe faction with the least number of players - give a sign on bonus of 5 - 10 million - that will get people moving. 1 million isn't near enough, especially for these really new players.
BALANCE ISSUES BETWEEN FACTIONS:
EVERYONE thinks BLOS. How fun is blos. I Loved it. I have played all the factions, and have an account in each. Blos is without a doubt the most over powered ability in the game. EITHER drop the range to the tanks veterin range plus 1%) or make it take 1/10 the damage to gunships. That solves that balance issue.
CV Drones - a recruit gun ship can defeat a legendary set of drones. I've done it. Range is the single most important focus in any fight. The range on the drones should be teh same as tehy were before the upgrade. This is offset by the fact that you can emp the cv and slaughter it due to no hp.
Europe Arty? - If the range isn't increased, it should at least get a few attack upgrades.
How about rate of fire? That combined with the speed may make it a bit more effective. what do folks think?
Possibly they should get a vet upgrade for gun ships for mobility too. I've heard lots of people say this.
11-13-2010, 01:26 AM
I say do something about dash-boarding and spies....add other factions and if you lose a turn just loose that territory not 2 or 3 territories that weren't played.