Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAR CRY 2 IN SLI | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

I can't get far cry 2 to work in SLI with 2 8800 GTS 764mb. After a few seconds it freezes , and the nvidia drivers stop working and I find myself on the desktop in 4 colours. Very pretty ! This game is awfully bugged and it's a shame to release such a bugged title.
    Could anyone help me ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I can't get far cry 2 to work in SLI with 2 8800 GTS 764mb. After a few seconds it freezes , and the nvidia drivers stop working and I find myself on the desktop in 4 colours. Very pretty ! This game is awfully bugged and it's a shame to release such a bugged title.
    Could anyone help me ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by francis1946:
    Could anyone help me ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well francis1946

Your knowledge seems little, therefore why dont you shut up and listen:

When something like that happen, then it is the driver's fault. That has nothing to do with the game.
    What driver are you using? Hope the new beta driver, which works great with Single GPU but somehow crashes using SLI (with any game)

THINK First, before you complain, simply because you dont have a damn clue.
    Like complaining about ur car not working but not realizing that it needs fuel.

I'm getting sick of people saying: "HEY THIS SUCKS!" simply because it's their very own fault.

In summary: Shut up and get a new driver, you dumb *ss

Wow...that's kinda harsh.
    My system works fine; without a hitch and the game still sucks.

lol what a good nice sentance of help to someone who was just asking... no need to be harsh lolz.
    Map Made by me for ps3
    -------------------
    Fishstock Market
    Stranded 1.0
    Crossing
    -------------------

More soon!

Envader,
    I really wonder who you you are to suppose I'm a newcomer in computers. I have used the new 180.42 and 180.43 nvidia beta drivers to play FC2 and had to reboot my computer several times. I had to uninstall and reinstall the 178.24 drivers. I know it's a SLI Prob and I know this game is BUGGED. Suffice to see how people complain onthis forum.In fact this game is not at all optimized and it's a pity for people like me who spend their money on faulty ****ing games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by francis1946:
    Envader,
    I really wonder who you you are to suppose I'm a newcomer in computers. I have used the new 180.42 and 180.43 nvidia beta drivers to play FC2 and had to reboot my computer several times. I had to uninstall and reinstall the 178.24 drivers. I know it's a SLI Prob and I know this game is BUGGED. Suffice to see how people complain onthis forum.In fact this game is not at all optimized and it's a pity for people like me who spend their money on faulty ****ing games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, you think it's the game's fault because of your very own incompetence.
    See people,that's what I'm talking about...

The game is extremly well optimized, it has been proven by many Benchmarks made from people who actually have a clue what they are doing. So trust them, and not your very own useless judgement.

Apart from that, the game may be buggy, but can you as a "newcomer" even rate that? How many games have u "tested" so far?

Judging from your rants about your bloody BEEEEEEEETAAAAAAA DRIVER not working... not many.
    (notice the emphasize on BEETAA!!!!!)

Switch SLI off, use the 180.43 driver and wait unitl a WHQL certified driver is being released.
    So easy to solve isn't it, Kid?

Hmmm envader, got laid lately? Or are you always a jerk? No need to be like that, wether his knowledge is little or vast..

Francis, have you tried a different driver? Or tried both DirectX9 mode and DirectX10 mode?

I've got FarCry2 installed on two PC's, both with SLi, one running two 9800 GT's the other two 260 GTX's, both on Vista x64 Bit and they both run FarCry2 just fine.

First try another nVidia driver, also, if you overclock you're graphics cards, don't and see how it does. If a new driver does'nt solve the problem, try adjusting your quality settings to a lower setting and try running it in DirectX9 mode.

Another thing, people don't realize this but your "audio drivers" can cause your graphics drivers to stop responding, update those too.

If your problem still occurs, uninstall FarCry2, then update your drivers, and then reinstall FarCry2.

TIP: DO NOT install your graphics drivers over the exsisting ones, uninstall the old ones first, reboot, once rebooted if the Windows driver installation wizard appears wanting to install drivers, cancel it! Then install the new drivers and reboot again.

I know alot of people install them over existing ones and sometimes they work fine, but that can cause problems to occur, just take an extra minute and do it properly.

envader, is that really the only way you can feel good about yourself? ruthlessly bashing someone who has a problem and is looking for help?

You are probably paid for by UBISOFT company to write such rude commentaries. I didn't wait for your IMPRESSIVE knowledge about computing to disable SLI and play the game. Anyway you're such a self-conceited person your appreciations don't interest me. What I ask is help from competent people not stupid considerations like yours.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast