Thread: Ahoy | Forums

Whats up guys...been following this forum for the past week, deciding to post now. I have been an avid follower of BIA, but am skeptical about spending the fifty bucks on it (due to bugs, criticism), gonna wait for the demo. Also not too many complaints about this game. (mostly minor) I also want to try something different, Im not a hardcore sim enthusiast but have been know to divulge in them. (janes subsim they had years ago. It was rather for hardcore simmers, but still enjoyed it) Thinking about going to the store and purchasing SHIII due to the cheaper price, and a change of pace. Just curious, is the game out in all stores throughout the US? and for $39? Hope to start hunting the high seas in mp with ya guys.
    "Conservatism....You see, the army and the navy are the oldest institutions we have. They place everything on precedent. You can't do that in the air business. You have got to look ahead." General Bill Mitchell.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Whats up guys...been following this forum for the past week, deciding to post now. I have been an avid follower of BIA, but am skeptical about spending the fifty bucks on it (due to bugs, criticism), gonna wait for the demo. Also not too many complaints about this game. (mostly minor) I also want to try something different, Im not a hardcore sim enthusiast but have been know to divulge in them. (janes subsim they had years ago. It was rather for hardcore simmers, but still enjoyed it) Thinking about going to the store and purchasing SHIII due to the cheaper price, and a change of pace. Just curious, is the game out in all stores throughout the US? and for $39? Hope to start hunting the high seas in mp with ya guys.
    "Conservatism....You see, the army and the navy are the oldest institutions we have. They place everything on precedent. You can't do that in the air business. You have got to look ahead." General Bill Mitchell.

bump

I think its worth the money, havn't tried mp, but only experienced one bug up to where I am in the game: one guy(the only one commandable at the time) got caught up on a bush for a second or two(literally).

Welcome to the forum.
    I am not a 'hard core' sim guy either, but I am enjoying SH3. Give it a go, I had no probs with it other than the Nvidia bug with the UZO (targeting thingie when surfaced). Thats gonna get fixed by Nvidia with new drivers, so they say.
    In the first patch of SH3 there is a way to work around the UZO bug, by shutting off 'particles'. Makes for less eye candy, but it works like a switch,m so you can turn the particles back on after using the UZO. Will suffice until the driver update
    "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."