Thread: 16 hours, and it never saved. | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

ya I was just bored today, played for 16 hours cause. 4-5 hours last night, and like all day today. Love the game... but when I restarted creed... it put me back into sequence 1 with hiding the gaurd at da vinci... so right now I'm a little ****ed to say the least.

Do you have a fix for this problem, say I dunno, maybe a manual save feature... Cause if you seriously expect me to ever buy another UBISOFT game again, especially with the lack of effort for something as simple as a save, you can forget it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

ya I was just bored today, played for 16 hours cause. 4-5 hours last night, and like all day today. Love the game... but when I restarted creed... it put me back into sequence 1 with hiding the gaurd at da vinci... so right now I'm a little ****ed to say the least.

Do you have a fix for this problem, say I dunno, maybe a manual save feature... Cause if you seriously expect me to ever buy another UBISOFT game again, especially with the lack of effort for something as simple as a save, you can forget it.

Banned

Just for the info, you can try this method if playing the 'AC2 PC' version.

* Make sure you don't use the ONLINE savegame feature, because sometimes this feature reverts back. Disable this via the Game launcher. Check the GEAR icon, and it should ask you to disable the Saves from being stored online. Also there is one settings.ini file where you have installed the game launcher, under 'C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\UBI GameLauncher'. check this file, and change this line i.e. 'SaveOnline=false'. Make sure the value is not set to True.

If you do the above, the Saves are usually located under the following path, C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Storage. e.g. 'C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\storage\some Random numbers e.g. ZP5nbQ9j]\4' etc.

You can also read this TOPIC, and try the solution posted by InDebt08, if you are using Windows 7 or Vista (Play the game under Windows XP Compatibility mode):

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1051016/m/5791079009

Is there a way to get back lost progress or is the save file overwritten? I was having a blast playing this game but can't go through what I have lost all over again, all that collecting of cash boxes and exploring tombs, would be like watching paint dry for several hours.

Hello .... Any admin people check these forums? Save games are BROKEN in AC2 deluxe. There are alot of people trying to find a solution to the problem of missing game saves. It is a widespread problem and is attracting alot of views on this forum and the Steam AC2 forums and doesn't seem like anyone has acknowledged them. Please can we have an official post concerning this problem so we can at least retain our faith in Ubisoft games.

I don't have a Settings.ini file in my folder. I've set it to show hidden files as well and nothing. So I can't use this fix. -_-

Oooh man I feel you. I thought this was a one time occurrence and just something with my computer but oh man when I work up this morning. Almost completed with Venice and now apparently just starting in Tuscany.