For the developers and managers at UBI that have lost touch with how to make a hit Rainbow Six PC game, here is the recipe:
1) Take the last succesful title, Ravenshield and mimic everything in a new engine. This engine should have better graphics and physics but scalable to slower systems. It should also make better use of broadband connections and allow the options for more players.
2) Enhance game with better damage model (hit in left leg gimps left leg) but keep 1 shot 1 kill still as possible as it was. Have at least all the weapons from Ravenshield and its expansions.
3) Create new maps and test the objective game modes to make sure red team cannot get to bomb/hostage first. Throw in a couple remakes (City Streets) to show the improvements and how you kept the look and feel, but don't go overboard. The map makers will take care of remakes later as long as you don't forget to put in the map making software.
4) Have everything possible selectable on the server so that a server could turn off new options the players don't want (similar to new versions of Windows offering 'classic' settings)
5) release MP demo
6) listen to user feedback and patch appropriately. It would be preferable to release a demo early in the dev process and get feedback then...instead of waiting until the game goes gold.
7) Support modders with mapping tools and SDK at or (preferably) before release of game. Imagine how much hype the game would get if there were 100s of maps made by fans before they could even play them.
8) Have different options for score ladders on the web. Make it possible to count succesfully completing an objective in the ladder score so all clans don't play Team Survival all the time. Put some strategy back into team games this way.
Thank you - Pest<<[AWC]>> The clan that plays 80% objective games every Wed and Fri night.