Thread: Youtube video showing the game in stereoscopic 3D | Forums

As you know, the game's stereoscopic 3D mode can only be activated if you use a true stereoscopic 3D display. The game does not feature any mode for Red/Blue glasses or crossing eyes, so most of you have had no way of seeing what the game looks like in 3D...

Until now : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frL7rKyNQIg
    I hope this video will tease your curiosity about 3D hardware. Keep in mind that the effect from a tiny Red/Blue video isn't representative of the full effect you get from a real big stereo3D display.

This video uses Youtube's 3D feature. It contains a true stereoscopic video with full left and right eye views.
    Use the drop-down menu next to the video to select your favorite viewing method : if you are skilled you can try crossing eyes to keep the full colour image or you can simply use various types of anaglyph (red/blue or other colour combinations) glasses if you've got them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As you know, the game's stereoscopic 3D mode can only be activated if you use a true stereoscopic 3D display. The game does not feature any mode for Red/Blue glasses or crossing eyes, so most of you have had no way of seeing what the game looks like in 3D...

Until now : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frL7rKyNQIg
    I hope this video will tease your curiosity about 3D hardware. Keep in mind that the effect from a tiny Red/Blue video isn't representative of the full effect you get from a real big stereo3D display.

This video uses Youtube's 3D feature. It contains a true stereoscopic video with full left and right eye views.
    Use the drop-down menu next to the video to select your favorite viewing method : if you are skilled you can try crossing eyes to keep the full colour image or you can simply use various types of anaglyph (red/blue or other colour combinations) glasses if you've got them.

Good job!

Glad I kept those old amber/blue cardboard specs.

This is a very well done demonstration of the 3d principle in avatar.

Thankyou

After being completely hooked on the movie, I am keen to get back and see more of pandora. This wee taster is definately helping my decision to take a dive into the world of pc 3d gaming. (avatar being my first game of course .

Looks like I'll be hooking up my old crt to play this in 3d. I've had shutter glasses for years, but can't use them with my flat panel.

ATI needs a slap on the rear for not integrating 3d support in their drivers. I got my glasses when I had an nvidia board, and was rather p*ssed when I found no such (working) equivalent driver for ati. Perhaps it's changed in the years since? I just remember corrupted screens and no 3d.

Rakku

ATI does not develop 3D drivers in house but they offer technical support and have a commercial agreement with iZ3D, a company which developped it's own 3D driver that works with both ati and nvidia graphics cards.

They support pretty much any 3D display with the exception of the nvidia's proprietary system : this includes generic shutter glasses with CRT monitors.

Basically the nvidia system is only supported by nvidia.
    Even if most of the industry is heading towards shutter glasses for their first commercial models of 3DTVs, they systematically move away from the nvidia technique (synchronizing the display and the glasses through the computer).

Instead they prefer to perform a direct synchronization between the TV and the glasses, but this requires the TV to be specifically designed to accept and understand stereo3D images, and include a 3D-sync plug.

The currently available 3D-ready TVs (those indicated in the stereoscopic FAQ) all work perfectly straight from the game or for other games with the iZ3D driver on ATI graphics cards.