Thread: Best R.U.S.E. missions? | Forums

We should start thinking about what would be the most cool moments in R.U.S.E single-player. What would be the most awesome missions or battles you want to see?

D-Day -

Of course they would have D-Day! It would hopefully be the most 'epic' mission in the game. I want to see the designers show thousands of ships lined up at the coast, with the white anti-bomber blimps, and the transports approaching the shore.

The cool part is D-Day involved The Americans, British, and even some French troops. Each faction would play a massive part in the battle.

It would play out in this fashion...

1. The para-drop

The 2nd largest paratrooper operation in WWII. Members of the screaming eagles, 82 airborne, and other legendary units would come dropping in. The British would drop some of their troops by the gliders (so far not mentioned in the game). In that part of D-Day alone, players would have to capture villages, bridges, and roads.

Anyone, the first Call of Duty?

2. The bombardment

Before the transport ships landed, battleships and cruisers unloaded shells on the shore. Thousands of bombers attempted to destroy the German defenses, but failed mostly.

3. The landing

From every movie and other video game, we pretty much know what is going to happen. I hope the designers have a few tricks to make this memorable since this battle has been done so many times in video games. I bet the designers would use real geography in mapping the coastline.

"Rangers, lead the way!"

4. The counterattack

Historically, The lack of organization of the German army as well as Rommel's mistake in tactics prevented the Germans from mounting an effective assault with Panzer tanks. If they could, the whole D-Day operation could of failed. Perhaps in this single-player game, or even multiplayer, a smart German commander would have those tanks ready.

5. Breakout

Bases are built on the shoreline, and transport ships land safely. Hundreds of thousands of troops can step on the beach safely. The allies can secure the town of Carentan and Cherbourg. Finally, they can liberate Paris!

Sorry, got excited there.

Operation Market Garden

The largest airborne operation in history turned to an epic failure. Perhaps with better inteligance, the allies could of succeeded.

Battle of Stalingrad

A tragic battle of WWII. It showed how terrible Hitler was as a tactician. It was all ego for him, as he just wanted to prove he could do anything like taking the city bearing Stalin's name. Stalingrad, before the siege, was a nice modern city. Stalin had started a construction program years before where buildings would be built using concrete rather than other traditional European methods.

If it were not for that, Stalingrad probably would of been flattened. All Germany had to do was advance into Moscow.

Battle of the Bulge

A last stand of Germany's powerful army. It was a nice idea at the time to cut off allied advance with it's stretched supply lines. After that, Germany pretty much lost most of it's firepower and never became an effective fighting force.

Battle at Kursk

The largest tank battle in history including over 400 tanks.

Operation Torch?
    Operation Neptune?
    London Blitz? (Probably, for the tutorial)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

We should start thinking about what would be the most cool moments in R.U.S.E single-player. What would be the most awesome missions or battles you want to see?

D-Day -

Of course they would have D-Day! It would hopefully be the most 'epic' mission in the game. I want to see the designers show thousands of ships lined up at the coast, with the white anti-bomber blimps, and the transports approaching the shore.

The cool part is D-Day involved The Americans, British, and even some French troops. Each faction would play a massive part in the battle.

It would play out in this fashion...

1. The para-drop

The 2nd largest paratrooper operation in WWII. Members of the screaming eagles, 82 airborne, and other legendary units would come dropping in. The British would drop some of their troops by the gliders (so far not mentioned in the game). In that part of D-Day alone, players would have to capture villages, bridges, and roads.

Anyone, the first Call of Duty?

2. The bombardment

Before the transport ships landed, battleships and cruisers unloaded shells on the shore. Thousands of bombers attempted to destroy the German defenses, but failed mostly.

3. The landing

From every movie and other video game, we pretty much know what is going to happen. I hope the designers have a few tricks to make this memorable since this battle has been done so many times in video games. I bet the designers would use real geography in mapping the coastline.

"Rangers, lead the way!"

4. The counterattack

Historically, The lack of organization of the German army as well as Rommel's mistake in tactics prevented the Germans from mounting an effective assault with Panzer tanks. If they could, the whole D-Day operation could of failed. Perhaps in this single-player game, or even multiplayer, a smart German commander would have those tanks ready.

5. Breakout

Bases are built on the shoreline, and transport ships land safely. Hundreds of thousands of troops can step on the beach safely. The allies can secure the town of Carentan and Cherbourg. Finally, they can liberate Paris!

Sorry, got excited there.

Operation Market Garden

The largest airborne operation in history turned to an epic failure. Perhaps with better inteligance, the allies could of succeeded.

Battle of Stalingrad

A tragic battle of WWII. It showed how terrible Hitler was as a tactician. It was all ego for him, as he just wanted to prove he could do anything like taking the city bearing Stalin's name. Stalingrad, before the siege, was a nice modern city. Stalin had started a construction program years before where buildings would be built using concrete rather than other traditional European methods.

If it were not for that, Stalingrad probably would of been flattened. All Germany had to do was advance into Moscow.

Battle of the Bulge

A last stand of Germany's powerful army. It was a nice idea at the time to cut off allied advance with it's stretched supply lines. After that, Germany pretty much lost most of it's firepower and never became an effective fighting force.

Battle at Kursk

The largest tank battle in history including over 400 tanks.

Operation Torch?
    Operation Neptune?
    London Blitz? (Probably, for the tutorial)

What I find regrettable is that we can't play the campaign as Germany.

After all it is a lot more exciting (and dramatic) to be a single nation going crazy on a world domination trip than to be a single nation amongst many that are "ganging up" and barely trying to stop another. It is not exactly the lion's role / share of the war action imo.

They should have started with Germany as the player nation, we go on a blitz conquest, then later on we switch to the allies / US to stop them and end the campaign.

Why so fanatic with D-day? Stop clicheing it in every RTS/FPS WW2 game for christ sake. The entire war was fought on the eastern front too, and in north africa, and in south Italy and France. I hope this won't be another predictable linear US Campaign; I would like to see some French combat, some USSR heavy campaign, GERMAN campaign (The only RTS I could play with Axis was COH, HOI and Close Combat iirc, perhaps there are some others but are unknown to me).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nicolaiev:
    Why so fanatic with D-day? Stop clicheing it in every RTS/FPS WW2 game for christ sake. The entire war was fought on the eastern front too, and in north africa, and in south Italy and France. I hope this won't be another predictable linear US Campaign; I would like to see some French combat, some USSR heavy campaign, GERMAN campaign (The only RTS I could play with Axis was COH, HOI and Close Combat iirc, perhaps there are some others but are unknown to me). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Blitzkrieg 1-2, Sudden Strike and Panzers series?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nicolaiev:
    Why so fanatic with D-day? Stop clicheing it in every RTS/FPS WW2 game for christ sake. The entire war was fought on the eastern front too, and in north africa, and in south Italy and France. I hope this won't be another predictable linear US Campaign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to dissapoint but it is a US only campaign. There are some missions in North Africa and Italy but the majority of the gameplay will probably be from D-Day onwards.
    http://www.hasthelargehadroncollider...eworldyet.com/
    Originally posted by Gypsy816:
    @N3V30: What jerks! Who steals workshops these days? And how did they fit it in their car... trickery I say! :vhap:
    "it had run

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peakfs_HUN:
    Blitzkrieg 1-2, Sudden Strike and Panzers series? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh blitzkrieg...indeed. Well, we'll keep D-daying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N3V30:
    Why so fanatic with D-day? Stop clicheing it in every RTS/FPS WW2 game for christ sake. The entire war was fought on the eastern front too, and in north africa, and in south Italy and France. I hope this won't be another predictable linear US Campaign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to dissapoint but it is a US only campaign. There are some missions in North Africa and Italy but the majority of the gameplay will probably be from D-Day onwards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh ok, so they just put 1939 game-mode in for a laugh then?
    www.livestream.com/rusecommunity - - prerecorded and streaming live when possible! RUSE 24/7

console tears T__T are best tears

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by senortoot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N3V30:

Sorry to dissapoint but it is a US only campaign. There are some missions in North Africa and Italy but the majority of the gameplay will probably be from D-Day onwards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh ok, so they just put 1939 game-mode in for a laugh then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They should include the Polish, Dutch, and belgarian as 1939 only nations, that'd be intresting to see. (and Japan as 1942+ only)

@Nicolaiev

CoH and HoI are awesome games (I tried the total war series, but was dissappointed when I played the campign :S )