Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Crashes On Save and Load Games | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

I have the RTM version of Vista Ultimate installed and I get tons of issues with saving and loading games. When can a patch be expected to address these issues? I am using all the latest drivers. My sy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have the RTM version of Vista Ultimate installed and I get tons of issues with saving and loading games. When can a patch be expected to address these issues? I am using all the latest drivers. My sy

LoL! Wow man, just wow. So many people can barely get it working on the supporting operating system (XP) and you're talking about problems on an OS not even officially out yet? Lol

Vista is out offically. The MSDN subscribers got a few days ago. Worked fine on XP for me but now I'm having issues on Vista, just want to finish play has been a great game so far. I getting close to the end.

I am not sure DM is fully Vista compliant. Did you try patch 1.01?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

I live at Apartment 667, neighbor of the Beast. His name is Bob.

Umm. Who cares?

Seriously, I have no intention of getting another buggy MS os until at least the first Service Pack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zanderat:
    Umm. Who cares?

Seriously, I have no intention of getting another buggy MS os until at least the first Service Pack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree, it's generally a good idea not to upgrade until after the new o.s. is out for a while (like a year ) and they've got all the bugs out. Just let all the early adapters beta-test for you!

Then consider me your beta tester. The OS is very stable and I fairly confident the issues exist in the games code. I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't take a great deal of coding to fix the bug. I have now tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit version and the bug occurs in the game in both versions. It happens more often in the 64 bit version. Though the 64 bit version runs smooth I choose to step down to the 32 bit version for other reasons.

I feel your pain. I've been running Vista since RC1 and bought Dark Messiah a month ago. I still haven't been able to play for longer than a few minutes without Dark Messiah crashing.

Running Vista x64 on an AMD X2 4800+ and Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX. I've been told that a new driver via Windows Update in the last week of November will resolve the issue for Nvidia owners. No idea on ATI, though.

Easy solution, right click on the mm.exe file and change the settings on the configuration tab to give the executable administrator rights.

Vista by default now runs with low privelages and will prompt when it needs administrator rights from the logged on user. Which is what happens when you try to save a game.

Hope that helps, Now I need to figure out how to stop it from crashing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast