Thread: myst V installation immediately freezes on windows 8 64-bit | Forums

myst V installation immediately freezes on windows 8 64-bit

1. I select "install" from autorun screen
    2. install shield starts.
    3. a frozen tiny "installer" window appears.

4. when I shut the window down I get "[InstallShield Wizard] WARNING: could not delete temporary file C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\ismp001\5513292" .

I use the EOA Limited Edition DVD. I realize Win 8 is probably not supported, but any tricks/ideas would really help!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, please open a ticket with our Technical Support team https://support.ubi.com/
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi, please open a ticket with our Technical Support team https://support.ubi.com/

I did, 4 working days ago. Still awaiting reply.

Thx!

In general,
    -- a. Install End of Ages (EoA) to your C: drive, accepting the install defaults as much as possible.
    ----- 1. Do NOT install the game to an external drive, either USB or E-SATA.
    -- b. Start EoA from a fresh boot.
    ----- 1. Reboot, log into Windows with full Administrator privileges (NOT into a Limited User or Power User account), and close all open applications. (Open the Control Panel, and select User Accounts. Your User Name should show Administrators under Group.)
    ----- 2. Disable all tasks running in the background, especially anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs, task schedulers, remote system control programs (such as Microsoft NetMeeting) or other programs shown on the Windows task bar.
    ----- 3. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it!
    ----- 4. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing EoA.
    -- c. Do NOT run any other programs before starting EoA.
    -- d. Do NOT boot up with the EoA disc in the drive, or with a disc in any drive.
    -- e. If the EoA disc autostarts when you insert it into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
    -- f. Start the game using the EoA icon on the Desktop, NOT the menu item on the disc.

Always start EoA from a fresh boot as per steps b through f.

NOTE: In these Forums, anything that's in type of a different color (usually blue) is a link to another Internet site. Double-left-click on a link to go to its site.

Suggestions:

1. Run the EoA Detection Tool, detectionui_r.exe, default location "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Cyan Worlds\Myst V End Of Ages\DetectionTool". Are there all green check marks in the Minimum column?

2. Go to C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp and delete \ismp001\5513292, reboot, then try installing EoA.
    -- a. Install EoA to your C: drive.

3. Install EoA from a clean boot.
    -- a. Reboot, log into Windows with full Administrator privileges, and close all open programs.
    -- b. Do the steps under "How to perform a clean boot, Windows 8" in How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.
    -- c. Install EoA to your C: drive.
    -- d. Do the steps under "More Information, How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting, Windows 8" in How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.
    -- e. Reboot, and start EoA from a fresh boot as per steps b through f under "In general", above.
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi