Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The settlers 6 problem(windows 7) | Forums

I got to work in windows 7 pro. had that problem at first but just keep at it. try installing the patch first too. There is a problem when playing custom game four kingdoms though. once you get to to try to promote your knight to marquis (I'm probably not spelling that right) you have to have 20 rich city buildings but my game only recongnizes 16 and i have way more than at least 25. maybe ubisoft can help hint hint hint
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

at first i had this problem but try to run that patch 1.71 and run as administrator i think it took me six to seven times before it worked. i am running windows 7 pro. there is a problem with custom game four kingdoms though once you get ready to be a marquis and you have to have 20 rich buildings my game only recongizes 16 buildings and i know i have way more than 20. Maybe ubsoft can help hint hint hint

sorry about that i posted 2 replys didnt know a bout that second page

Quote Originally Posted by BTOG46 View Post
    Even easier is to install Patch 1.71 before you try to run the game, as that patch removes the Tages DRM and also allows you to play without the disc.
    When I tried installling this patch it reported that it was not compatible with my version of Gold Edition of The Settlers Rise of an Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by jsuzda View Post
    When I tried installling this patch it reported that it was not compatible with my version of Gold Edition of The Settlers Rise of an Empire.
    Ok, more info.
    I found an old posting that says to delete "s6patch.ini" which I did and the patch installed.
    But the game will not play. It just sits on the opening screen.
    I give up!

Quote Originally Posted by jsuzda View Post
    Ok, more info.
    I found an old posting that says to delete "s6patch.ini" which I did and the patch installed.
    But the game will not play. It just sits on the opening screen.
    I give up!
    Same thing happened to me, then I put the dvd in and restarted the computer, seems to work alright now!

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA pennygod's Avatar
    Hey gronik2

Thanks for the update! I will pass this fix along.

The Settlers VI Rise of an Empire works fine with Windows 8.1

But to achieve this I had to copy the file d3dx9_34.dll from my Windows XP x86 directX 9 to the windows directory on the computer having Windows 8.1 x64.

After installing the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 with administrator rights, the only thing the Windows 8.1 computer told me was that the above file was needed to play the game. So I made a copy and have put it in the windows directory of Windows 8.1 for the game to work just fine.

Hoping it will be helpfull for someone.

Hello
    Je ne peux pas jouer avec Settlers 6 sur mon PC portable avec Windows 8 pro.
    Merci de m'indiquer s'il existe un patch pour corriger ce problème.
    J'ai ce message : Graphics adapter does not meet minimum requirements
    At least 70MB available vidéo memory required, only 62 MB detected.
    Pourtant, j'ai un PC avec de bonnes performances.
    Toshiba QOSMIO X870, 16 G RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M.
    Cordialement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12