Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The settlers 6 problem(windows 7) | Forums

I wil run the game the settlers 6: rise of an empire alone it says(When i go intall the Tages drivers): unable to progress(error1275).
    And then: insufficient privelegis: you must be administrator when you run this application for the first time.

PS: i have windows 7(i'm the administrator) and have not updated the settlers 6 ever(i'm now go update).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

run the update/install as administrator, as in windows 7 just like Vita a admin account means nothing without changing other options to allow you constant full access. this is a even bigger problem when you install into program files as it is protected like the windows folder is on XP.

Steam ID
    PSN ID: Caswallawn
    Xbox Li

just learning Windows 7 and I'm having the same error as above. I didn't understand ur answer. I hate Vista so didn't familiarize myself with it so didn't understand what you meant about full access. I thought I had full access until error message. I don't know how to get full access.

Settlers Moderator
    You need to right click the application and select Run as Administrator.

It isnt possible to play the settlers 6 on windows 7. I called the ubisoft company and they said that you cant. I was on here yesterday for hours trying everything but it doesnt work.

You can play Settlers 6 on Windows 7 - I do!

As Penny mentioned, run it as administrator - go to:
    C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire
    right-click on Play Settlers 6 and click Run As Administrator.

Hi all (WIN 7 X64 users)

Forget what you have tried as I found the ONLY solution. Go to http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm and download the latest driver. Remember to have Settlers installed BEFORE you install this as it F####s up the installation (CRC error) if you try and install the app before the game. Satisfaction Guaranteed

Downloading a new driver from the site http://www.tagesprotection.com/ and installing it on my computer, completely solved the problem! Thank you

Even easier is to install Patch 1.71 before you try to run the game, as that patch removes the Tages DRM and also allows you to play without the disc.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

Thank you BTOG46 for the info, the game works great now.
    Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast