Thread: Helpful Hints from the Dev Team | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I just got this note from them:

To scale an actor, please use the "Actor properties" set (F4 to open window) and edit the "DrawScale3D" field in the "Display" section.

Known crashes and how to avoid:
    - Check links and references between SMission, SObjective and triggers actors. If a referenced actor is no longer present in your map, the game will crash.
    - Same thing with SAlarm actors locking objectives. Any referenced trigger not present in the map will make the game crash.
    - Another known crashing issue is with SVolumetricSensor. If the Volume referenced in the actor isn't present, the game will crash
    - In a brush object, no edges should ever go through any other faces.

I hope that helps some of you!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

thanks for the heads up...

and remember to save after every successful modification that you make... i got real frustrated once!

Click on my sig to join Team ShadowNet, and get prizes, points and other fun stuf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhoulette:
    I just got this note from them:

To scale an actor, please use the "Actor properties" set (F4 to open window) and edit the "DrawScale3D" field in the "Display" section.

Known crashes and how to avoid:
    - Check links and references between SMission, SObjective and triggers actors. If a referenced actor is no longer present in your map, the game will crash.
    - Same thing with SAlarm actors locking objectives. Any referenced trigger not present in the map will make the game crash.
    - Another known crashing issue is with SVolumetricSensor. If the Volume referenced in the actor isn't present, the game will crash
    - In a brush object, no edges should ever go through any other faces.

I hope that helps some of you! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Funny thing is...this is posted officially just a few hours after I ask and find out how to do those from someone else. Oh well, thanks anyways. Should be helpful to others.

"Endeavor to cherish each other unequivocally" -- Jerry Holkins

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In a brush object, no edges should ever go through any other faces. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't mean to criticise buuuuut...You mean Z-Fighting like in Museum ;-) ?

-------------------------
    If you need help and training to learn the basics of Splint

The scaling feuture sucks....it scaled totally wrong...