Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia and Ati Ceo's | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

SCDA isnt very smooth whe
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

How much did Ati and Nvidia pay ubisoft to drop sm 2.0 support?

i asked the same question 3-4 days ago but it got deleted. it's not against rules. i am just asking a question. last time i checked there was freedom of speech here.

How much did Ati and Nvidia pay ubisoft to drop sm 2.0 support?

i asked the same question 3-4 days ago but it got deleted. it's not against rules. i am just asking a question. last time i checked there was freedom of speech here.

2.0 cents.

It's important to note that gaming forums are typically not a democracy. They are privately owned and operated by the respective developer/publisher who in turn dictates what can and can't be posted. For a general description of these rules and regulations, please see the "Terms of Use" that is available.

In regards to your question, how can you be so sure that your conspiracy theory about ATI and nVidia holds true? For all we know, the decision to go with only Shader Model 3.0 could've been a design decision that came from within UbiSoft. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for some type of hard evidence that supports or denies this claim. However, that doesn't put it out of the realm of possibility. Also, the PC version of Double Agent has been said to be a port of the 360 version for all intents and purposes. This lends a little more credibility to the theory that the Shader Model 3.0 decision came at UbiSofts level (ie; they didn't want to or couldn't do SM 2.0 support) and was not influenced by ATI or nVidia.

Banned
    I don't think SLI works properly in DA yet.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Thou actest right Ahab; live in the game and die in it."

Use FRAPS to check your framerate to see if SCDA really is slow on your rig.

If the game is only using one of your 6800GTs then you'll probably find that that card isn't powerful enough to give you a smooth playing experience - while two in SLI should.

x1300 and 6200's are not supported either. what does that mean ? it means cheap cards are not supported. nvidia and ati wanted to sell some hi-end gpu's. they knew that SC : DA fans would buy new cards just to play SC DA. i know few people who upgraded to 6600's...
    if you consider going from an x850 to 6600 an upgrade of course.

How do I get FRAPS? And what do I have to do?

It's not only that, if you have two cards in your system then the game will run slower than just having one. You have to dissable SLI in the control panel in order to use 1 card properly. If you use both cards it will work slower than a single card. FRAPS can be found at www.fraps.com

For now dissable SLI until Nvidia updates it's drivers or <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">UBI[/b] patches the game. Even if they do you can't guaruntee that Nvidia or <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">UBI[/b] will support it in the future. Frustrating I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast