Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme slow-down in coop | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hi everyone,
    Purchased the game last night, and loving it! Well worth the wait. Runs like a charm on my PC for the main story as well as single player Deniable Ops, but I tried this evening to play the first level of the co-op story with my friend, and I had a horrible frame rate.
    It wasn't 'lag', but just my frame rate dropped to what I would estimate around 12-15fps.

My specs are:
    Core i5 750 @ 2.66GHz
    4GB DDR3 Ram @ 2000MHz
    Ati Radeon HD4890 (On the new 10.4 Catalyst drivers)

I stress the fact in everthing by myself, I run this game on High at 1680x1050 and its perfect, but I even reduced it to medium and I can barely play in co-op. Please note, he gets no slowdown at all. He is running a laptop with an ATI mobility HD4650, so I find it strange that I with the faster PC will get the slowdown.

We have tried inviting from my PC and his PC, so its not a hosting/internet speed issue as we both have fast ADSL connections.

Is anyone having a similar problem? Or know of a fix or an idea?

Thanks very much!
    Hope you're all enjoying the game.

-James
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi everyone,
    Purchased the game last night, and loving it! Well worth the wait. Runs like a charm on my PC for the main story as well as single player Deniable Ops, but I tried this evening to play the first level of the co-op story with my friend, and I had a horrible frame rate.
    It wasn't 'lag', but just my frame rate dropped to what I would estimate around 12-15fps.

My specs are:
    Core i5 750 @ 2.66GHz
    4GB DDR3 Ram @ 2000MHz
    Ati Radeon HD4890 (On the new 10.4 Catalyst drivers)

I stress the fact in everthing by myself, I run this game on High at 1680x1050 and its perfect, but I even reduced it to medium and I can barely play in co-op. Please note, he gets no slowdown at all. He is running a laptop with an ATI mobility HD4650, so I find it strange that I with the faster PC will get the slowdown.

We have tried inviting from my PC and his PC, so its not a hosting/internet speed issue as we both have fast ADSL connections.

Is anyone having a similar problem? Or know of a fix or an idea?

Thanks very much!
    Hope you're all enjoying the game.

-James

Yeah i noticed this too. I think it is lag, listen:
    Instead of moving characters faster (warping) to compensate for lag, they reduced the framerate to accommodate the crappier pinged player.
    OR it could be this game is half assed because THIS CONVICTION has been in development since 2008 and 2 years is just not enough.

It's a real shame, and it surprises me.
    I play other online games with the same person and theres no problem. And now Conviction, we both run it smoothly yet it lags. Strange.
    I hope this gets fixed soon, its not a huge problem seeming singleplayer is still fine.

Same problem for me. SP runs decent(ish) on my 2*2.8Ghz, 9600 GT, and so does AC2 (runs FAAAAR better even on max settings, btw), but the MP is just unplayable. I get like 10-15fps sometimes, but then it goes back to 4-5fps and I just can't do jack.

AC2 has the exact same requirements posted, and yet it runs vastly superior.. please fix this. I didn't pay 50€ for a 5hr SP mode.. I wanted to have a truly epic coop-mode again just like in the other parts of the series.

@OP

Framerate drop in multiplayer is not your problem, if you connect to someone who has a really slow computer, it seems the game tries to compensate by dropping your FPS down to keep you guys in sync.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifurita99:
    @OP

Framerate drop in multiplayer is not your problem, if you connect to someone who has a really slow computer, it seems the game tries to compensate by dropping your FPS down to keep you guys in sync. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may or may not be the case, but when playing with my friend, it runs fine for him (30+ fps at least) and total crap for me (like I said, 3-4 fps most of the time). So yeah.. the underlying problem is a different one than the game throttling your fps to keep it sync'd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifurita99:
    @OP

Framerate drop in multiplayer is not your problem, if you connect to someone who has a really slow computer, it seems the game tries to compensate by dropping your FPS down to keep you guys in sync. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, although his PC isn't fantastic, he runs on lower settings and its just as smooth as me, but on lower settings. If he were getting that framerate anyway, I would understand.

I tried to play with a guy from another country (I knew I'd have lag, just wanted to try the Face Off), but I couldn't even shoot the lights with the 2fps I had

I'll try with a friend who lives nearby to see what happens. (Later, because now I'm sick of the game and the waves of enemies without any sense - I just played the entire crappy SP campaign)
    I hope it works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blument:
    I'll try with a friend who lives nearby to see what happens. (Later, because now I'm sick of the game and the waves of enemies without any sense - I just played the entire crappy SP campaign)
    I hope it works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck, my problem was with someone nearby as well, we get about 25-30ms ping when we play online, so this really has me confused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast