Thread: Workout focus | Forums

I baught the Your Shape game with the intention of being able to select a body part to work on and have the program show me new moves.

Instead, the program ask which body part you want to focus on and then it does mostly cardio and very little of the body part requested.

I use my elliptical for cardio, and just want a workout partner for strength building of certain regions of my body.

Is there a way to workout with Your Shape and not setup a profile?

It seems that when you setup a profile, then you are put on a program which may or may not invovle the regions I want to work on.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I baught the Your Shape game with the intention of being able to select a body part to work on and have the program show me new moves.

Instead, the program ask which body part you want to focus on and then it does mostly cardio and very little of the body part requested.

I use my elliptical for cardio, and just want a workout partner for strength building of certain regions of my body.

Is there a way to workout with Your Shape and not setup a profile?

It seems that when you setup a profile, then you are put on a program which may or may not invovle the regions I want to work on.

Thanks

This is my question as well. Could someone please answer this question? I put my focus as shoulders (strength), yet, it comes up each time with my focus as cardio.

MODERATOR?

it might have something to do with after you choose the body part you can pick burn, tone, or strength. I still don't know the difference between them, but I do think the top choice (don't remember which that is) seems to be more cardio

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by megan831:
    it might have something to do with after you choose the body part you can pick burn, tone, or strength. I still don't know the difference between them, but I do think the top choice (don't remember which that is) seems to be more cardio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks for the response.

Shoulders only has tone and strength options. I chose strength, thinking more weights, less cardio. After reading this, I went back and changed it to tone, just in case. No change at all in my workouts.

Also tried deleting all the workout days in the month and choosing different days, hoping it would register my changes. NOW, ALL I GET IS CARDIO, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Please, we need someone from the company to answer this question. There must be something I am overlooking. Probably something simple I haven't seen. PLEASE HELP! Other than this, I absolutely love the program. It's fun and interactive. Please help me get it to do what it is supposed to do.

I am having the same problem. I need to figure this out. I don't want to do cardio. I want to do upper body today.

I am having the same problem. I want to figure out how to change the focus. Like for example, it says for the next day to do upper arms. Then the next day do something else. Well what if I don't want to do that. Another example is I didn't want to do cardio on my first day. I wanted to do something less challenging and then build into it. So I really don't know what to do.

You don't have to workout the area the calendar says to. That is just a recommendation. Just go to workout button and decide what you want to work out. It will still mark it off on the calendar.