Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Physics do not work in MP do they. | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

I suspected this because there were no objects in the built in multiplayer maps which supported real time physics, but I think i've confirmed it now. I made a nice little chain swing of a gunboat towing a little raft for people in multi games to get into the raft and be towed around in a teamplay map, but it doesn't work AT ALL except on the host PC. The other clients in the game do not see the raft move. Is this just the way the engine works, or am I doing something wrong? The sequence works perfectly in single player and on the host machine for multi.

Abby
    Abby
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I suspected this because there were no objects in the built in multiplayer maps which supported real time physics, but I think i've confirmed it now. I made a nice little chain swing of a gunboat towing a little raft for people in multi games to get into the raft and be towed around in a teamplay map, but it doesn't work AT ALL except on the host PC. The other clients in the game do not see the raft move. Is this just the way the engine works, or am I doing something wrong? The sequence works perfectly in single player and on the host machine for multi.

Abby

Yes they do, they just cut them outta there levels for performance.

Van B.C. the place to be!

I am 89% addicted to Counterstrike. <a href="http://seanism.com/addiction/cs.php">What about you?</a>
    Van B.C. the place to be!

I am 89% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Ok then explain to me why whenever I put ANY physics object in a level the clients do not see the results.

Abby
    Abby

I want a definitive answer on this. If the physics do indeed not work in multiplayer I'm waiting for Halflife 2.

Abby
    Abby

Is that a threat?

There is probably some way to enable them.

There are vehicles in multiplayer, and vehicles have physics, so multiplayer has physics.

that sounds like the physics object doesnt have any network kode assigned to it....

im no coder.

Abby.. I think you may be right. I noticed the same thing. I was so dissapointed! A MP full of traps that uses physics would be awesome. Don't see anything close to this though. Maybe we can get an official response from CryTek. Nice post.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may not have the greatest mind, a lot of talent, or the biggest imagination.. but I know how to create success!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abby.Rock:

Abby<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What used to screw us up adding things to the demo sp/to-mp mod was when we all didn't have the EXACT same files, or were missing some files. you have to know what you are affecting and what will be called for... once you host and clients all have the stuff they should all be able to see it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast