Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Physics do not work in MP do they. | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

basicly its not added cause it would smash the fps and performance of Multi..cause when it has to run phsyicslike that on every computer it would smash eerything up..so its better not to add..

Leader of Final Roar http://www.freewebs.com/shask666/ (Now Recruiting)
    Leader of Final Roar http://www.freewebs.com/shask666/ (Now Recruiting)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If certain objects don't work in multiplayer, it will likely be because they haven't been specifically scripted to work in multiplayer. As has been stated, vehicles have physics, and work in multiplayer. If the object type you want doesn't work in multiplayer, you will have to code it so it does, or get someone else to.

aka Tim Partlett
    aka Tim Partlett

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by antistar_:
    If certain objects don't work in multiplayer, it will likely be because they haven't been specifically scripted to work in multiplayer. As has been stated, vehicles have physics, and work in multiplayer. If the object type you want doesn't work in multiplayer, you will have to code it so it does, or get someone else to.

aka Tim Partlett<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would it be possible to get the CryTek team to do some official coding of a few of the SP objects to MP? I understand that if all the physics were enabled then the game would be unplayable due to lag, but I'm sure a few exploding barrels couldn't hurt the FPS too much. Any chance that they'll be doing this in the future? Thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may not have the greatest mind, a lot of talent, or the biggest imagination.. but I know how to create success!

You just have no idea how laggy it would be to have physics on do you.

hmm ever play battlefield 1942? Alot going on in that game compared to this one online I dont believe you couldnt put at least a few physics other than the few vehicles there are in one of the maps. Kinda bummed i made a huge mission with physic objects all over and i cant get it to load into multiplayer to play it says error loading map or something like that. Works fine in the editor with just me in it. Seems this game is only going to be real great if you make AI levels and share them with your friends for singleplayer only as in my eyes the multiplayer is weak. No hope for a co-op with your friends if you cant do the physics models online. Again Bummer if we cant do this with this awesome editor.

um? lag? only when wankers with 56k try joning from overseas. i love farcry multi. what this **** talk about there not being physics in multi? of course there is. throw a nade at someone. jesus. its not hard to work out that there actually are physics in multi or was this thread started b4 the game was released? its obvioius that when u shoot someone they go limp. i shot a sniper who was lieing in a tower and his legs were stiff. once he died his legs went loose and hung over the railing. i dont see how physic will make a game lag? thats just ***in stupid. its slow *** computers with **** graphics cards that make the servers lag. not the game. if physics are coded into the game, thats how the game is. i hate wankers who can only say things like "oh u cant do that, it would lag too much" for ****s sake. farcry was written to have ragdoll physics. it would be different if u were coding your own physics. or giving physics to a physicless game.

I really hope half life 2 has multiplayer physics.

doom 3 can only handle 4 players with physics in multiplayer.

stuff 56k ers and lets get dedicated broadband games so we can have physics.

Now when you say that objects have to have physics coded for multi-player, how do you mean? Is that something that requires the sdk, or is that using scripting in the sandbox?

As for the lag issue, I know it has been successfully done in other games (Uru in particular), but they didn't have as much other stuff going on in the background. (Such as AI)

Methinks therefore me is

-------KI--------
    (Not that it matters anymore...)
    Atrus #01400586
    Katran #00424696
    Achenar #00069242
    Sirus # (I'll let you know when I get it)
    Methinks therefore me is

-------KI--------
    (Not that it matters anymore...)
    Atrus #01400586
    Katran #00424696
    Achenar #00069242
    Sirus # (I'll let you know when I get it)

OK whoever said that physics will crash fps and increase lag is exactly right. In online play, every object has a certain netcode or ping that gets sent to everyone. Now a few vehicles and stuff is ok, ala BF1942 and Farcry. But, when we start adding stuff like moving barrels everywhere, and a lot of interactiviy, well then the net code for every object is being sent out causing unplayable bandwidth with result to so much **** going on which is affected by every play on a server.

Crytek knew this, which is exactly why you can't move barrels, etc. in MP. Half-life 2 will know this, and Half-life 2 MP will be very similar to Farcry, because you just can't have all that ineractivity and physics involving everyone online... it just woke work
    AMD FX-53 939
    Asus A8V
    1 GB OCZ EB 3500
    Geforce 6800 Ultra OC
    74 GB Raptors Raid 0
    Audigy 2 ZS

parac0n is right... but explain this:
    The HL2 alpha leak had ALL physics enabled on multiplayer and it ran VERY smoothly, even with lots of players on maps with LOTS of interactive physics. You could litterally play the singleplayer maps in multiplayer (including AI). Dont ask me how I know :P

This will partly be because valve are geniuses, especially when it comes to net code. It's just a shame they treat their community like excrement.

Crytech, however, are the future
    long live crytech

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast