Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield = Rainbow Six 3? | Forums

Okay, I am a huge Rainbow Six 3 fan, but have never played it on PC before. I was a huge fan of Rainbow Six 3, and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow on the Xbox, and logged tons of hours into those games. I want to get back into Rainbow Six 3 again, so I bought it for my PC. I thought that Raven Shield was supposed to be the equivalent of Rainbow Six 3 for the Xbox, but so far the games seem nothing alike.

Keep in mind, that I'm not a PC gamer really, I never have been. So there is probably something I am not doing right. So far, Raven Shield feels like a completely different game, almost more counter strike esque. I've seen videos online of people playing Raven Shield however, and the game looked like R63 for the Xbox, but now that I'm playing it I don't see many similarities. Is there something I did wrong, or didn't do? I don't know much about playing PC games, is there something I'm supposed to download online?

Thank you for any help, I'd really like to get back into Rainbow Six 3, my favorite game franchise.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Okay, I am a huge Rainbow Six 3 fan, but have never played it on PC before. I was a huge fan of Rainbow Six 3, and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow on the Xbox, and logged tons of hours into those games. I want to get back into Rainbow Six 3 again, so I bought it for my PC. I thought that Raven Shield was supposed to be the equivalent of Rainbow Six 3 for the Xbox, but so far the games seem nothing alike.

Keep in mind, that I'm not a PC gamer really, I never have been. So there is probably something I am not doing right. So far, Raven Shield feels like a completely different game, almost more counter strike esque. I've seen videos online of people playing Raven Shield however, and the game looked like R63 for the Xbox, but now that I'm playing it I don't see many similarities. Is there something I did wrong, or didn't do? I don't know much about playing PC games, is there something I'm supposed to download online?

Thank you for any help, I'd really like to get back into Rainbow Six 3, my favorite game franchise.

Oh, I forgot to mention that this is for the online play.

I see an option in the server filter thing that says "Same version only". Since I can't join hardly any servers at all, I figure I don't have the same version of the game as everyone else. I don't see any place to download a newer version in the game however, could anyone tell me how to do that?

Banned
    http://patches.ubi.com/rainbow_six_3...unk_buster.exe

You need that to play online.

You also need one of these(depending on where you live) :

US: http://patches.ubi.com/rainbow_six_3_raven_shield/raven...1.00_to_v1.60_us.exe

UK: http://patches.ubi.com/rainbow_six_3_raven_shield/raven...1.00_to_v1.60_uk.exe

------------

R63 and BA are modified ports of Raven Shield, Athena Sword, and Iron Wrath.

They have similar settings, but RvS/AS/IW contain a lot more planning and strategy than R63/BA.

Multiplayer-wise, R63 has similar maps to RvS, but only some are the same.(Eg. City Street Large, Warehouse, some of the other MP_ maps on RvS) Airport in RvS is split into Airport 1 and Airport 2 in R63.

Black Arrow is loosly based off of Iron Wrath. It contains some of the same settings, but it also has some of the settings and at least one MP level from Athena Sword.(Ferry Boat)

I hope that answers your question fully!

Thanks for that, now I can actually join servers.

However, I'm having a ping problem. Every server I've joined so far I've had 1,000 ping and getting some lag. Is there anything I can do about that?

Banned
    Do you have your firewall configured right for the game?

Also, what type of connection do you have?

Are you behind a router or just plugged into the modem?

I get the 1000 ping sometimes even though I'm not actually at that. My computer + game combination doesn't like showing my real ping on RvS.

I have cable internet, so lag shouldn't be a problem for me. I am through two routers, but it's never been a problem for Xbox Live, PSN, or any other PC games I occassionaly play.

And, I'm pretty sure my firewall is disabled. Though I don't know how to configure it like you were talking about.

Routers have a hardware firewall. The proper ports need to be opened and forwarded to the proper IP(s). Why 2 routers?

I have 2 routers because I have multiple computers and game systems on different sides of my house.

How do I open these ports on the routers? Is there a guide somewhere for doing this?

Also, why would I need to do it now? I've never gotten lag on Xbox Live or PSN, or some other PC games I've played online.

Edit: About the gameplay. Are there any 2x scopes I can use for my guns? There only seems to be the 3.5 one available for every single gun, and it wsn't like that on the Xbox versions.

One only needs one router to connect a network to the internet. If you have more than 4 computers, then using a switch is better to add capacity. The users manual or set up guide for the router should tell you how to access the router's interface. For Linksys, open a browser window and go to 192.168.1.1 and enter the password, usually admin to log on. You also need to know the IP of each piece of equipment (PC or console) so you can forward the ports to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast