(...that's authentic 1940's cockney, for those that are baffled...)
I'm trying to finalise my new 'CloD' setup spec. At the moment, I'm thinking along these lines (from http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ - not the cheapest, but with a good reputation)
* MOBO - X58 Asus Sabertooth - (but make sure the Sandy Bridge issue is sorted first...)
* CPU - Intel i7 960 Quad Core 3.2Ghz (maybe overclocked a little)
* RAM - (3x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600)
* GPU - NVIDIA 1280Mb EVGA GTX 570 (I could double up the GPU later...)
* PSU - 1000W Corsair CMPSU-1000 HX (overkill, but it makes sense to allow for expansion)
* HDs - 2 * 1TB? (not sure about this - as an alternative a 64 GB SSD + a 1TB HDD would be nice, if extravagant)
* OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - OEM
* Case - Antec Three Hundred Black Mid Tower Case (classic 'box' design, but nicely laid out - a lot of 'gaming' PCs look ugly IMHO)
* Monitor - 22" Iiyama LCD 1920x1080
A system like this, plus the usual bits & bobs (but excluding keyboard mouse, speakers etc - I'll be 'green' & reuse what I've got), looks like costing maybe £1,650 - £1,700 or thereabouts (inc VAT), assembled, clocked and delivered . I'm thinking ahead, so the setup above will support CPU upgrades, dual GPUs, more RAM etc - hence the 1Kw PSU. I'm fairly sure this meets the 'recommended' CloD spec, with some grunt to spare, but what do others think? Is this a balanced setup? Have I forgotten anything significant?
Options for the system I'm looking at are here: http://3xs.scan.co.uk/Configur...em.asp?SystemID=1046. Comments appreciated...
Edit... I'm having second thoughts re graphics card - see my later posting