Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Default Settings for Rated Game | Forums

When I want to start a Rated Game against one of the computer players in Chessmaster 10, a dialog box appears with choices for Computer Personality, which Color pieces I'll use, and how many minutes the clocks should be set for.

The default values I get are for me to be White and for a 10-mintue clock setting. Is there a way to change these default values?

I checked all of the .ini files, but didn't find any that seemed to apply.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

When I want to start a Rated Game against one of the computer players in Chessmaster 10, a dialog box appears with choices for Computer Personality, which Color pieces I'll use, and how many minutes the clocks should be set for.

The default values I get are for me to be White and for a 10-mintue clock setting. Is there a way to change these default values?

I checked all of the .ini files, but didn't find any that seemed to apply.

I was looking for an answer to the same question and found this post but no one answered the question. Does any one know?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimleko:
    I was looking for an answer to the same question and found this post but no one answered the question. Does any one know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I had the same questions maybe some will respond if the question is ask enough! Gary

The answer is NO. You can't change the default settings.

Thankyou! goweatherman

You can change the time control and it will stay defaulted. That's all though.

Wait what? I play rated games on ChessMaster 10 and I have from the start chose to put my time at 999. Are you asking how to have it load up as 999(or whatever) and not have to waste the 5 seconds it takes to change it manually?

That's what's he asking... but I think keoki010 is referring to an unrated game.

Why on earth would you would you want a rated game to go on for over 16 hours?

Thanks for the friendly response to my inguiery.
    After I pick a personality to play I sometimes for get to select the moves per minute and this does not do justice to my raiting.40 moves per 40 minutes is to fast for me. I do much better with 90 seconds per move.
    Thanks again for the friendly response to my inquier you really premote a possive image for the game of chess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast