Thread: New tricks for old dogs. | Forums

Personally, I prefer fighter jets from the 50s-70s, ending with the F-15 and MiG-25 (although I love the Flanker family.) Older jets simply have more personality. I'm hoping the player starts out with an aircraft along the lines of an F-8, F-4, A-4, A-6, MiG-19, MiG-21, Su-7/11, Su-17/22, etc. (you get the picture) Am I alone in this sentiment? Am I the only one who prefers guns to missiles?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Personally, I prefer fighter jets from the 50s-70s, ending with the F-15 and MiG-25 (although I love the Flanker family.) Older jets simply have more personality. I'm hoping the player starts out with an aircraft along the lines of an F-8, F-4, A-4, A-6, MiG-19, MiG-21, Su-7/11, Su-17/22, etc. (you get the picture) Am I alone in this sentiment? Am I the only one who prefers guns to missiles?

No, you are not alone. I'd like the flavor of a more Vietnam-era (to slightly later) dogfight. I want missiles, but I'd like to easily transition to a guns attack, when the fight gets in close. I agree completely that the older jets, probably up to the Tomcat/Eagle had more personality and just seem like they'd be so much more fun to fly.

We'll have to see how the game goes.
    Anytime, Baby!

I would love to see some guns only battles, but I think that the F-4E did not have that much personality, because a lot of the pilots hated the F-4's lack of guns. an F-15 however I would not mind using and I think that it has a lot of personality behind it.
    Integrity First
    Service Before Self
    Excellence in all we do.
    -USAF Core values

"Aim small, miss small"
    -quoted from the AIM-120C that got launched at your face!

Sorry AF_Falcons, couldn't resist.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sukhoi-35BM:
    Personally, I prefer fighter jets from the 50s-70s, ending with the F-15 and MiG-25 (although I love the Flanker family.) Older jets simply have more personality. I'm hoping the player starts out with an aircraft along the lines of an F-8, F-4, A-4, A-6, MiG-19, MiG-21, Su-7/11, Su-17/22, etc. (you get the picture) Am I alone in this sentiment? Am I the only one who prefers guns to missiles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't mind seeing a few Korean War era planes, but if you like guns that much, you best avoid this one..LOL
    Faith Based Risk.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maxpontiac:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sukhoi-35BM:
    Personally, I prefer fighter jets from the 50s-70s, ending with the F-15 and MiG-25 (although I love the Flanker family.) Older jets simply have more personality. I'm hoping the player starts out with an aircraft along the lines of an F-8, F-4, A-4, A-6, MiG-19, MiG-21, Su-7/11, Su-17/22, etc. (you get the picture) Am I alone in this sentiment? Am I the only one who prefers guns to missiles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't mind seeing a few Korean War era planes, but if you like guns that much, you best avoid this one..LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like if you like flying that much, you best avoid this one.
    Anytime, Baby!