Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 101st AB, 506th PIR, 1st to 3rd Battalion info. A to I companies, info | Forums

101st AB, 506th PIR.

1st battalion:
    has a <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> spear on helmet.
    Companies in this battalion: Able, Baker, Charlie and a HQ company; (<span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> battalion)

2nd battalion:
    has a white spear on helmet. Companies in this Battalion: Dog, EASY, Fox and a Hq company; (White Battalion)

3rd battalion:
    has a <span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue</span>spear on helmet.
    Companies in this Battalion: Geogre, Howe, Item and a Hq company; (<span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue</span>Battalion)

info from: http://currahee.hispeed.com/index.htm

i have a question about BIA!!!. if Fox Co. has a white spear on there helmet then why in the game screenshots do the men, F.co, are team have a white heart????
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

101st AB, 506th PIR.

1st battalion:
    has a <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> spear on helmet.
    Companies in this battalion: Able, Baker, Charlie and a HQ company; (<span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> battalion)

2nd battalion:
    has a white spear on helmet. Companies in this Battalion: Dog, EASY, Fox and a Hq company; (White Battalion)

3rd battalion:
    has a <span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue</span>spear on helmet.
    Companies in this Battalion: Geogre, Howe, Item and a Hq company; (<span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue</span>Battalion)

info from: http://currahee.hispeed.com/index.htm

i have a question about BIA!!!. if Fox Co. has a white spear on there helmet then why in the game screenshots do the men, F.co, are team have a white heart????

Because that site is about the 506th in the 101st of the Vietnam War. They changed from paratrooper ops. to helicopter/air assault ops. during the vietnam war. Today they are still an air assault unit and don't use paratroopers. The 82nd still does, as does the 173d AB. For the correct ww2 helmet markings, look here: http://wildbillguarnere.com/imageatt...1stsymbols.gif

Also, you're reading about the 506th Regiment. Brothers in Arms is based on the 502nd Regiment, which has different markings than the 506 (check the link).

this site is also ww2, 506th. PIR.
    yeh forgot the game is based on the 502nd.

loking at my pic of BIA its say the games is based on the: 101st AB, 502nd, PIR, fox company, 3rd battalion, 3rd platoon, 3rd squad. and now this is right!!!

now i know. W0W i didnt know 506th had a F company, ok so 506th is had up of like 30 battalions??? with each battalion having 3 companies in them including a hq Co. these companies are named A to Z. and every P.I.R is made up like this inculding the 502nd .

ok i know now but is the a Easy company in the 502nd P.I.R?????

That site covers the 506th throughout it's history, and you were looking at the battalion markings for the regiment in Vietnam. It has info for the 506th from WW2 up to today.

As for organization, Airborne divisions had 3 Parachute Infantry Regiments, 1 Glider Infantry Regiment, and A HQ Regiment (I may have missed one or two). Each Parachute Infantry Regiment had 3 Battalions, each with 3-4 companys. Each Company has 3-4 platoons, each platoon has 3-4 squads. There are different structures for regular infantry units and ranger battalions. There are also different individual battalions or companies or sections of engineers, demolitions men, etc. I'll try to find a more organized look at them all.

umm not answering my question dude.

yeh but under the title is photos of ww2 F Co . E Co etc its correct the 506th PIR in ww2 did have alot of battalions 2nd battalion for example had dog , easy and fox companies with a white spear ok ok lets forget everything i said just tell me this:

was there a Easy company in the 502nd??? because there was a Fox company in the 506th and in the game we are Fox company in the 502nd

Division- 101st AB
    Regiments- 501st , 502nd, 506th,
    Battalion- 1 , 2, 3,
    Companys- (1st Battalion) A, B, C co. (2nd) D E F, (3rd)G, H , I)
    Platoons- 1st platoon, 2nd platoon, 3rd platoon,
    Squads- 1st, 2nd 3rd,

Any mistakes please correct me.

think thats right that wat i wrote at the start and that other guy thinks i wrong or somethink

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A_J_C_N:
    was there a Easy company in the 502nd??? because there was a Fox company in the 506th and in the game we are Fox company in the 502nd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and how many platoons go into a company.

in other words how many platoons go into Fox company? 3?

and... how many squads go into a platoon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast