Thread: Built in Voice Chat | Forums

I often use ventrilo when I play EIB online with my brother and it makes the game MUCH more enjoyable.

I think it might become much more complicated in Hell's Highway though with lots of different people playing. Giving out your ventrilo/teampspeak/whatever channel information to any new teammates and waiting for the to connect before each mach would be a HUGE pain in the ***.

Why not build something into the game where anything that goes into your mic input comes out on your teammates' speakers/headphones? This way people are automatically connected, and even people without a mic can hear what there teamates are saying which can be very helpful in coordination.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I often use ventrilo when I play EIB online with my brother and it makes the game MUCH more enjoyable.

I think it might become much more complicated in Hell's Highway though with lots of different people playing. Giving out your ventrilo/teampspeak/whatever channel information to any new teammates and waiting for the to connect before each mach would be a HUGE pain in the ***.

Why not build something into the game where anything that goes into your mic input comes out on your teammates' speakers/headphones? This way people are automatically connected, and even people without a mic can hear what there teamates are saying which can be very helpful in coordination.

than we wouldent have a advantage lol

but its a good idea maybe to many people will be trying to control everthing to many ideas at once but its better than nothing

I think a system where the people near you can hear what you're saying would be awesome. But not something where you can talk across the map. Not a lot of walkie talkies back in them days.

Close up communication and an overall team channel would be ideal.
    I remember in Vietcong there was close up communication where you could only hear from the person near you. It was directional and you could even see his mouth moving while the person was talking. But it sounded pretty weird like they were talking though some kind of voice box.
    It seemed to be only a novelty and wasn't really as funtional as using a 3rd party voice app since as soon as you got spread out a bit, you lost communication.
    We never wound up using it much. But we were only a few of us playing co-op though. I suppose with a full team on the same channel it could get a bit overwhelmed and something like that might become more functional.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFSmity:

Why not build something into the game where anything that goes into your mic input comes out on your teammates' speakers/headphones? This way people are automatically connected, and even people without a mic can hear what there teamates are saying which can be very helpful in coordination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you for bringing this up, you are talking abotu somethign like steam's counter strike or day of defeat voice speak system.
    yea that would be awesome.

"That happened because.. that was awesome" -Randy P.

E6600, asus 680i SLI, 8800GTXOC, 2GB OCZ SLI@1024mhz 150GB WD 10,000 RPM HDD, HD 22" widescreen acer.