Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rise of Flight blog update | Forums

Sometimes I manage to take off without ploughing up the airfield and writing my kite off...

Sometimes I manage to stay on course...

Sometimes I even manage to find and keep up with the chaps...

Sometimes I can chase Huns about without spinning into the ground, burning out my engine or ripping my wings off...

And on rare occassions I actually bag one of the bounders...

Sometimes I even manage to land without mishap...

...but I've never managed the lot in one go, until now. 'Sense of achievement' would be a bit of an understatement.

"You need to get out and **** more, L_F m8."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I remember shooting down a plane once. Seems a long time ago now.

I'm on a roll, now!

Just when I was warming to this online only content business...

"Dear Friends,

Due to increased numbers Rise of Flight users and an increasing load on the ROF servers, we have scheduled some routine maintenance work for Monday, November 14th beginning at 11:30 UTC (15:30 Moscow time).

Due to this maintenance, some of our additional services such as the ROF website and forum will not be available. We plan to have the maintenance completed by 14:00 UTC (18:00 Moscow time) on November 14th.

During this time you can use all offline modes of gameplay in ROF as usual.

Also, to ensure that our servers continue to perform properly on a day to day basis for our customers, routine maintenance will be conducted monthly and take place the second Monday of every month. We will announce estimated start and end times for monthly maintenance on the ROF forum.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our users. We appreciate your patience and understanding. "

Monday is, of course, my day off. Ho-hum! I guess I could do with some more offline practice.

Originally posted by Luno13:

Desktop...
    Aw thanks! It's on mine too

LF, the Se and Neiuport takeoffs are beautiful pics. Didn't know about the server downtime today. Just as I was about to preorder the RE8 too...
    Usually the server maintenance is a prelude to a new update and additional content. Always a happy time

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

Thanks, old chum.

Yeah - I was just about to take a debit card for a spin around the field mods department. Must confess I'm looking forward to the Harry Tate, too. Hope a German counterpart isn't too far away.

Edit: Site's back up.

Good lord L_F! You've been playing online?
    You've just gotta get yerself TrackIr.
    It just takes everything to a new level.

Only in as much as I've got to go online to play career mode, Mr S (two missions, two crashes on take-off for my brave French aviator so far. He's a hit with the nurses). I hope career mode is available offline one fine day.

Picked a great time of year to decide I'm getting TrackIr - I can see the little ones' faces on christmas day as they unwrap their Tesco value tangerines while I'm sat at the 'pooter screaming "Die, you Hun bounder!" a I sport my latest expensive toy on my head.

Related to this online mularkey, I've just tried to fire up Red Orchestra 2 in the hope of an update, only to be informed that Steam can't be arsed, try another time. Is this just the curse of L_F's day off kicking in, or has anyone else had probs with Steam today?

Just noticed Jason Williams at RoF central saying there are refinements to the N.17's handling which are in the final stages of testing. Where's my Albert Ball skin?

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

Here you go, old sport -

More of a Mick Mannock man, myself -

I wonder what 'refinements' 777 will implement? I'll leave the N.11 alone until the patch (three more sleeps to go, kids!). The N7 is surviveable as long as I don't fling it around too much (still a bugger to take-off, though), and I'm getting to know the N.28 - added guages help.

Well, I'm now the proud owner of a Breguet bomber - after a quick spin, I can report she ain't no Sturmovik, but I made it home in one piece - even if there were a few missing from the aircraft. Have so far resisted the temptation to take up a DVII up again in search of an easier life, but have invested in field mods, 'just in case'. Enjoying the challenge of mastering various rides and spending more time on a few favourites before settling down with the right one. Front runners are the Pup, SE5, Spad XIII and the N.28 (no, really!). The poor old DH2 is proving a tough nut to crack, and whilst I'm very taken with the cockpit view from the Dolphin, I haven't given it much of a try-out yet. As noted previously, I don't feel ready for the Camel just yet - although I've discovered that it will derail a train if you ram it from the side.

Hun-wise I've only tried the DVII (for a moment I thought I'd pressed the 'simplified physics' and 'easier piloting' buttons), the DrI (as Mr West noted, primary design function seems to be killing the pilot) and the 'Trossy DVa (a torque-tastic ground magnet), but those are only first impressions from very brief encounters - I'm sure they'll reveal more in the future. Maybe the DVII campaign with all the 'easy life' settings ticked might be less of a chalenge, but I'm enjoying learning 'the hard way' and will hopefully thank myself for it as I become more proficient - seems like long and winding road sometimes, but I'm getting there. Makes you appreciate the pilots of all nations who did it for real with no 'refly' button all the more.

Oh - look out for German Vunder-veapons...came across this cunning sausage-eater on the noon patrol. Didn't see the blighter until we collided -

A long and methodical enquiry by the RFC's WTF department revealed t'was but a dodgy skin I downloaded - normal service has been resumed...

The Nieuport 17 flight model is being reviewed for 1.022!

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/...51&t=23933&start=110

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast