Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Homm5 has nothing to do with HOMM :-( | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

I'm down, very down. Just seen that Ubisoft will do with their Homm license.
    This game has really nothing to do with the great HOMM series:-(
    I like all Homm parts from Kings Bounty over Homm1 to Homm4.
    To play Heroes is the same as playing chess. This game is not born for 3D.
    Homm lives from the worldwide massive map support.
    See it real, maps for this "homm5" will not come or are nonsense.

Ok, Homm is dead, no more new parts.
    We should be happy with all the elder parts Homm1-4, which will make us fun next years.

And what about Ubisoft? This homm5 will become a great flop. Heroes fans won't buy it. Who else should buy it? Ubisoft will loose some millions for license cost and development. Right so! Bad Job!

A very sad day today ((
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Seeing as how we still know very little about what Heroes 5 will actually be like I think you're making up your mind a little too quickly. But suit yourself.

Furchtlos bis zum bitteren Ende

Oh, dear. Another doomspeaker.

It is a little hasty to make definite conclusions about the game, based on a few screenshots. We have known for more than a year that the game would be in 3D and it actually doesn't look all that bad. As far as I know, chess is played with three-dimensional pieces, so please explain to me why it is physically impossible for a Heroes battlefield to work in 3D.

By the way, a fault that more than one person has made. Don't assume that your opinion alone is representative of the entire Heroes community. In fact, quite a few people are enthusiastic about the screenshots or have given a: "Let's see what they make of it" opinion.

Sorry, you're wrong.
    Chess on computer is played in 2d by professionals. 3d is played by kids.
    Strategy is the main component in chess as in homm-series. To make the best of possible turns.

I speak on behalf of many heroes fans. Not all, but I have no doubt my opinions are shared by many.

3d heroes can work! Absolutly I applaud the effort to make this 3d. BUT THIS LOOK IS NOT IT!!!!
    These models are hideous! FREAKING STUPID VILE BLOBS OF EXOTIC ART, this is not what I wanted my hereos to look like. All they had to do was take the original 2d models, and CLOSELY recreate them in 3d. Instead we get something else.

The environments are equally surreal. Hereos was always slightly exotic, in a fantasy setting, but this game does not look like heroes.

And without Rob King building the music, I HIGHLY doubt the musical score will feel anything like the past games, nor be as fun to listen to.
    I express my opinions in hopes the team stays closer to what heroes was, and not what they think it should be.

You do know that chess is a boardgame, right?

Regardlessly. Heroes 4 was already in quasi-3D. The step from there to real 3D would not even be that large, in my opinion. I still don't see why 3D and a strategic battlefield are fully incompatible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> All they had to do was take the original 2d models, and CLOSELY recreate them in 3d. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably couldn't decide whether to remake H1, H2, H3 or H4, because the art in all of them is different...
    Why am i forced to have an "U" as a screen name? I'd like to sue someone.

I'm a NIG fan of heores. I played heroes 2,3,4.
    And i think that THEY ARE DOING THEIR BEST!
    because upgrades are back, graphics are really cartoony antd happy like in homm2, besides the second skcreenshot only presents Inferno WITH CREATURES PASTED ON THE SCREEN, and look at the battle! it surely will be able to zoom out and battle from the top! besides looking at the town artowrks (life and nature) they are really cool

PEOPLE WHO SAY it's not HOMM must have dropped out of moon!!! Ubisoft showed different artworks 1,5 year before announcement!!! go and see them and do not talk that it's not Homm, because it's HOMM!, besides Inferno creatures CAN't Look like sweet dolls! they Have to look EVIL!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pitsu:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> All they had to do was take the original 2d models, and CLOSELY recreate them in 3d. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably couldn't decide whether to remake H1, H2, H3 or H4, because the art in all of them is different... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TAKE YOUR PICK! ALL OF THEM ARE BETTER ART THEN THIS GARBAGE!

Can you imagine what the crusader is gona look like?

Maybe the fans (like me) should just agree with this line of thinking, then persuade these people to just leave and never look back so we can have a mature discussion about a game we know so very little of.

That way we actually eliminate about 80% of the 'w00t pwns' type of posters, and that in my opinion can only be a very good thing.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Viva the 'Forge'

T.A.F.K.A.A. = The artist Formerly known as Apeman.

Smite the one who picked my username!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast