Thread: LCD monitor and moire efect | Forums

I buy LCD monitor samsungSyncmaster913v and i have strange efect in picture or in game(blue sky its not clear or blue watter its not clear)
    i see circle blocky things
    on CRT monitor evrithing was OK.
    Pleas help

top gun

I buy LCD monitor samsungSyncmaster913v and i have strange efect in picture or in game(blue sky its not clear or blue watter its not clear)
    i see circle blocky things
    on CRT monitor evrithing was OK.
    Pleas help

top gun

Now I could be out in left field on this, but I see something like it on my Dell 2001FP, but only in perfect mode. It's more of a mottled effect, not circles. I think that may be an effect of all LCD monitors due to the pixel grid acting like a screen. I've heard it described also as like looking through a screen door. Some people are really bugged by it, others not.

Or maybe you're not running in 32-bit mode. Make sure your display is running 32-bit colour and see if that fixes it.

The current generation of nVidia drivers has a tool (wizard?) for screen configuration that covers this.
    I'd guess ATI has similar, it's not exactly a new problem.

For nVidea, right click on your desk-top, and select properties. Go to settings->advanced and look through the tabs that pop-up (sorry, not near my PC atm, so can not be more precise)

i think also that samsung 913v is only an analogue lcd monitor, not using a digital connection. so its more prone to analogue signal degradation in the cable, and might need more desktop twealing/calibration to get it looking food.

... to continue my comment ...

It's in Tools, Display Optimization Wizard