Thread: LCD monitor and moire efect | Forums

I buy LCD monitor samsungSyncmaster913v and i have strange efect in picture or in game(blue sky its not clear or blue watter its not clear)
    i see circle blocky things
    on CRT monitor evrithing was OK.
    Pleas help

top gun
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I buy LCD monitor samsungSyncmaster913v and i have strange efect in picture or in game(blue sky its not clear or blue watter its not clear)
    i see circle blocky things
    on CRT monitor evrithing was OK.
    Pleas help

top gun

Now I could be out in left field on this, but I see something like it on my Dell 2001FP, but only in perfect mode. It's more of a mottled effect, not circles. I think that may be an effect of all LCD monitors due to the pixel grid acting like a screen. I've heard it described also as like looking through a screen door. Some people are really bugged by it, others not.

Or maybe you're not running in 32-bit mode. Make sure your display is running 32-bit colour and see if that fixes it.

The current generation of nVidia drivers has a tool (wizard?) for screen configuration that covers this.
    I'd guess ATI has similar, it's not exactly a new problem.

For nVidea, right click on your desk-top, and select properties. Go to settings->advanced and look through the tabs that pop-up (sorry, not near my PC atm, so can not be more precise)
    Painter's Pages
    I've given up correcting my own spelling
    Unless I've corrected it here

i think also that samsung 913v is only an analogue lcd monitor, not using a digital connection. so its more prone to analogue signal degradation in the cable, and might need more desktop twealing/calibration to get it looking food.

... to continue my comment ...

It's in Tools, Display Optimization Wizard
    Painter's Pages
    I've given up correcting my own spelling
    Unless I've corrected it here