Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Squee's Journey: Around the world and home again... | Forums

Sometime on or after July 12, 2003, Lettice (England)

I was unpacked very carefully. Unfortunately, I had arrived at a very difficult time because Pepper the family pet dog needed an operation. As she is almost 17 years old it was a worrying time. However, she managed very well, but due to her having to travel to and from the vets I did have to wait for a short while.

Before I could do the grand show of the area, I was taken on a trip into the Town Centre of Newark. This is down in Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire borders. I visited the Castle, it was Archeological day, so quite busy. I made some new friends and of course I had my photo taken. Newark is well known for being a Royals Stronghold during the Civil War. There are a lot of historic buildings here including the Ossington built by the temperance movement.

I then was on to visit Lincoln, dominated by the famous Lincoln Cathedral, built in the 900's. Also, Alfred Lord Tennyson. This is a beautiful city. The weather has been great so far as Great Britain is traditionally very wet. I have been ducky.

My next visit is to be the Major Oak. This is where Robin Hood hid from the Sheriff of Nottingham's men. Soon be getting ready to visit Amm. It was raining the day I went to visit Sherwood Forest. Luckily, it soon dried up and the sun came out. It was very exciting looking for Robin Hood in the forest. After a short walk, we reached the Major Oak, the traditional hiding place of Robin Hood. Actually, although the tree is 300 years old it is too young to have been around in Robin Hood's day. At most it would only have been a small sapling.

Time now to visit Amm

Grrr...

See the Squee's Journey....
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/squee_travels/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

August 2003 Amm and Ras (England)

During the first week of August I arrived at Amm's. Her little darlings were away and she and Ras were due to go to Rome. They left me in the care of my new friend BunnyBun. What is it with these European forumites. No sooner had I arrived in Sweden when Preach deserted me and skipped off to Denmark, now Amm and Ras leave me in England and go jaunting off to Italy! It's enough to give a young squee an inferiority complex.
    Well, to be honest, after that business in Holland I really did need a rest so BunnyBun and I settled down to sunning ourselves, eating and chatting about things of import to squees and rabbits, such as the state of carrots these days.

Then Amm and Ras returned from Italy and the girls from France. More girls! These are Merble and Merloe. Once again I enchanted these two and they took me into their care. We went apple picking one sunny day. A spot straight out of Enid Blyton. Ponies roamed under the trees, dogs romped around and I picked a lovely pile of apples.

Another day, the girls honoured me by allowing me to romp in the Mer-pool. Ras let me help him in the kitchen another day.
    AND DO YOU KNOW it is NOT TRUE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT ENGLAND. It did not rain at all in the month I was with Amm. One day the temperature hit the record of 100.6 F. I was in England to witness this event. Funnily enough the family was abroad then, so I am most honoured. I am so enjoying my relaxing time here in England. Just what I needed.

August 26 (2003)
    Oh my goodness, I had such a fright today. They should have warned me. Oh my tail and whiskers I'm in shock. That will teach me. I will stay on guard in future when I visit these forumites.

Do you know I found myself in the War of the Roses today. It was all that Ras' fault. Going out in the country for a little drive, he had said. So there I was at a lovely Tudor castle, Herstmonceux. Off I went to admire the view, when suddenly along came a herd of knights, then a flood of arrows bombarded me. I had just recovered when a trebuchet knocked a huge great ball right over me. There I cowered with my paws over my eyes in fright until the war was won.

Time to move on, I think. With a farewell to BunnyBun, the girls, Amm and Ras, I crawled back into my box.
    Joyous next, still in England but I' ready for some fun, fun, fun!!

Grrr...

End of August/ beginning of September (2003) Joyous (England)

After a comfortable journey I arrived chez Joyous. As soon as I got out of the box, I got my first big surprise...either Joyous had been overdoing it on the cream cakes or otherwise, Mr. and Mrs. Joyous were soon expecting another delivery....from the stork! I was delighted to discover that it was the latter and wondered whether my trip would coincide with the new arrival.

My next big shock was when I met Mungo, the Great Dane, though I quickly realized he was just a big softie and we quickly became friends.

I am pleased that the English summer continues warm and bright enabling me to enjoy Joyous' beautiful garden. I am very interested in the fish pond too, but I don't think I will get my paws wet.

I think I should not stay too long here for Joyous will soon have her hands full with the new baby...so I now begin to make my preparations for the long, long journey to AUSTRALIA!!
    Grrr...

Sept 2003 – Oct 2003 KizmetKat (Australia)
    Arrived to an enthusiastic welcome at KismetKat's. It is all true what they say about aussies – they really are a friendly bunch.

Kis' daughter Tessa insisted I sleep in her room, and also did this wonderful drawing of the penguins at Phillip Island for me.

I arrived in time for the school holidays and Kis' family involved me in all their activities. The trips to Phillip Island and Canberra were a highlight.

I was also pleased to hear via Kis that Joyous has safely delivered a beautiful baby girl call Isabella (and secretly relieved that she packed me off when she did – nappy changing is not my forte.)

My visit with Kis is now drawing to a close. Tessa is quite upset that I am moving on, and I WILL miss her delightful company. She has made sure that I am happy and comfortable during my stay. Her cat "Hill" is also nice company.

Kis has talked to me of my trip to Mystmum's. She says I will travel by a highway called "The Olympic Way" – so called as this is the route the Olympic torch took on its way to the Melbourne when the games were there many years ago. She has warned me that road is narrow and much pot-holed – only in Australia would they call it a "highway."

So I bid fond farewell to Kis and her family (especially little Tessa, though I know one should not have favourites) and make my (bumpy) way to MM.
    Grrr...

oh this brings back memories...

Tell the squee that Tessa is not so little anymore, but still thinks of him fondly. Alas Hill crossed the rainbow bridge earlier this year - he would have been 17 this year.
    Life's tuff when you are a "misunderstood ferret"

that's too bad kis, I remember when our cat nina (wish I could put the tildy above the n like it's supposed to be) passed on, hurts for a long while.

Vrekt val drashi kres vrekt kran vren vrekt.

Hiya, Kiz...good to see you here!
    Hello to CK, how's the world treating you, young man?

I lost EverReady (my black cat) a couple of years ago too.

The next black cat I get will be named Guenhwyvar, from the Drizzt books.
    Grrr...

Hi, Gab! How are you?

Thanks for getting all this together. It will be quite a thing to see it all!

Hello, PX. Good to see you as well. I hope this is what everyone was expecting. I will be adding pictures of "box" items as well.
    Grrr...

New address for squee pictures is http://www.flickr.com/photos/squee_travels/. Some of the captions are gone, so I'm going to have to go other them and see what I can do to correct that.
    Check this out: MYSThillarium Volume 1 and other Forumite adventures. Also visit my Anthology of E-mails Web site.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast