Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many people play this game online | Forums

Now that my favorite xbox mech game, chromehounds, can no longer be played online due to the server shut down, I want to get this game because it looks appealing. But I want to make sure that you can find a game online and that there is a somewhat sizable community still playing this game so I was wondering if someone could tell me how big the community is.
    Thanks for any comments
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Now that my favorite xbox mech game, chromehounds, can no longer be played online due to the server shut down, I want to get this game because it looks appealing. But I want to make sure that you can find a game online and that there is a somewhat sizable community still playing this game so I was wondering if someone could tell me how big the community is.
    Thanks for any comments

I play it. However, I am a PS3 guy so that won't help you out very much

Chromehounds blow, its like if you took an armored core, shot it up full of sedative and strapped weights on its back. Its F'ing slow. Armored core, for whatever reason is a less popular game but in my opinion is infinitely better. Its high speed incredibly awesome mech action, if you like that big and slow heavy **** from chromehounds, they got that too, and although the community isn't huge, you really shouldn't have trouble finding a game, especially once you meet people around the game. Hell hit me up i'll play with you, though I warn you, I'm quite good. KronosX8

I post this hoping it will circulate and cause someone amongst the ubisoft moderators to take note of our cries for our game back. Please repost this as you see fit, maybe we can make a difference.
    The Chromehounds community is a close, tight knit group of intelligent mature gamers who played Chromehounds from 2006 - 2010. Our number base are still large, there were plenty of players each day from start to finish. We remain faithful to the game and hope one day it returns.

Without warning, our beloved games online mode was taken away from us, no reason, no appeal or choice in the matter. The server plugs were pulled. We have come to realise that SEGA is a greedy souless corporate monster who have no care for or long-term interest or its customers. Without being dramatic, every day without this game is killing our online experience and gaming that little bit more.

We know there may be no chance of Chromehounds 2. Chromehounds does not need to be changed. Can we sugest the following?

We implore Ubisoft, a company who we know from experience listens to its fans, customers and makes them feel continuously valued, to please consider taking whatever steps possible and re-hosting the original Chromehounds server. Acquisition has never been a problem for a business such as Ubisoft before. Returning Chromehounds online play to the gaming world would be a very powerful statement to your competitors.

As we understand it, the dedicated server held information such as statitical leaderboards, individual and squad based data and other contributions. We would be happy to see a Freeplay mode that doesn't require this if you can give us nothing else. This alone would be an amazing gesture appreciated by all Chromehound fans

In hindsight Sega has failed and presented Ubisoft with a great opportunity. Sega has made a fatal error by deserting us. They already harbour a damaged reputation. This is where Ubisoft has a very real opportunity. In restoring the Chromehounds servers to enable online play, it is an investment based gesture beyond profit, you will have a very greatful community who will doubtless be very quick to pay for future products that Ubisoft release and generate the word across the gaming world and world wide web just how responsive and in touch Ubisoft is to its customers.

We await your response.

Chromehounds Community.

Armored core ****s all over chromehounds. Seriously.

Message for ubisoft....We need someone to bring back chromehounds ... it was such a great game and alot of people still played it. When alot of found out it was offline many of us started to weep because we lost the game that meant the most to us and was the best that we could find out there...But since they shut it down weve been stuck out to play somd COD wich has to be the worst game every...come on guys lets try to get chromehounds back, Lets actualy try for the one game that we al love <3 DO IT!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kronosx8:
    Armored core ****s all over chromehounds. Seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you 10 years old? Chromehounds is a more refined type of game, where its about tactics, teamwork and individual skill. Not jetpacks and homing weapons.

If I want something that is completely about strategy I'll play chess. If I want crazy *** weaponary and fast insanely epic combat I'll play armored core. Homing missiles is that too unrealistic for you? Current missile technology destroy any missile in AC. Or maybe you're just too dumb to use flares. Have fun in your wheel chai...i mean hound.

I agree with this any form of the chromehounds returing to online mode would be a blessing, I know I and many other chromies would even pay an extra monthly fee ontop of our live subscription to see chromehounds servers return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast