Thread: StarForce error | Forums

I have a problem!!!! What does this mean?

"StarForce Copy Protection Fatal Error

Unhandled exception in the StarForce Copy Protection host application. Try restarting the application. If the problem persists, contact the product customer support.

Detailed error information:
    File or function: class LBuffer __thiscall LanguageOverlay::GetOverlay(class LFileMapping &)
    Line: 251 Message: Uncompression error"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have a problem!!!! What does this mean?

"StarForce Copy Protection Fatal Error

Unhandled exception in the StarForce Copy Protection host application. Try restarting the application. If the problem persists, contact the product customer support.

Detailed error information:
    File or function: class LBuffer __thiscall LanguageOverlay::GetOverlay(class LFileMapping &)
    Line: 251 Message: Uncompression error"

Try to uninstall the Starforce copy protection drivers using this tool: http://onlinesecurity-on.com/downloads/sfdrvrem.zip
    After rebooting, restart the game (it will again ask for a reboot). Hopefully that should solve the problem. If you're using Windows Vista then install the newer Starforce drivers:
    http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip

Not work! And I don`t have windows vista. Something else?

Have you already tried to reinstall the game itself? You should contact Starforce technical suppport at support@star-force.com. Be sure to mention the exact error message (and which game you're trying to start, I assume it's PoP: T2T) and tell them you already tried to reinstall the Starforce drivers, hopefully they can solve the problem.