Thread: I WAS so excited about it... | Forums

until I started using it. Not only is the camera horrible at detecting your movements. It was just designed wrong. When it has you do exercises where you cannot look at the screen it doesn't give you any directions verbally to tell you when to change the position etc. so you end up breaking your neck trying to look at the tv to see what she is doing next. they need to fix the softward asap and gives us the updates for free and quick. I want to throw the damn thing out the window when I all I keep hearing is your arms, your arms your arms refer to the tutorial. And you're right it will ask you what equipement are you using and then it doesn't us it obviously a glitch. and when I want to work on my abs it doesn't even do any damn ab exercises, what is up with that. So unless I just want to sweat and try and ignore the fact the stupid thing says I'm not moving my arms I am ok! I think it is unrealistic for the makers to think anyone has a white solid background so that you can wear your black clothes to work out, just ridiculous. I want my money back. I have teh wii fit and fit plus and they are so much better than the myshape. Really shame on jenny mccarthy for just collecting a pay check to put her name on this thing cause its really crap especially for the amount of money you pay for it. there should be a warning on the outside of the box that the damn thing will not work unless you have a blank white wall and all black clothes and then hopefully it will recognize your moves all the tiem!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

until I started using it. Not only is the camera horrible at detecting your movements. It was just designed wrong. When it has you do exercises where you cannot look at the screen it doesn't give you any directions verbally to tell you when to change the position etc. so you end up breaking your neck trying to look at the tv to see what she is doing next. they need to fix the softward asap and gives us the updates for free and quick. I want to throw the damn thing out the window when I all I keep hearing is your arms, your arms your arms refer to the tutorial. And you're right it will ask you what equipement are you using and then it doesn't us it obviously a glitch. and when I want to work on my abs it doesn't even do any damn ab exercises, what is up with that. So unless I just want to sweat and try and ignore the fact the stupid thing says I'm not moving my arms I am ok! I think it is unrealistic for the makers to think anyone has a white solid background so that you can wear your black clothes to work out, just ridiculous. I want my money back. I have teh wii fit and fit plus and they are so much better than the myshape. Really shame on jenny mccarthy for just collecting a pay check to put her name on this thing cause its really crap especially for the amount of money you pay for it. there should be a warning on the outside of the box that the damn thing will not work unless you have a blank white wall and all black clothes and then hopefully it will recognize your moves all the tiem!

i found this forum yesterday hoping to answer some problems I've had with my Wii. Some have been answered, some have not but they said they will work on it like something to alert you to a move change when you cant see the TV.
    I have the same problems with the camera seeing me. On the shuffle move, for the life of me i just couldn't seem to get it to say i was doing it right. I thought maybe it was the background as i do have a wall of windows behind me. I did find that if i moved closer to the camera, it would say i was doing it right, but, at that distance, it would tell me my arms weren't right in other exercises, but, if i then backed up a little, then my arms would be right. SO, I've found that it kind of depends on the distance you are on each exercise. It also depends on if the sun is shinning or cloudy and the amount of glare, which i kind of understand..On working your abs, you must not be clicking on the right options. Don't choose weight loss or burn, choose tone and strength, i think, or is it the other way around. I'm still learning the system..They don't give you much in directions and i haven't found it to be too hard to understand but I'm just fatfingering my way though most of it.
    All in all, i love it. Keeps me from having to go to a group where i can be laughed at. When i was in my 20's i went to a college aerobics class and this is equal to it....