Thread: Removing the Mini Map in Multiplayer(?) | Forums

Last night I hosted a Terrorist Hunt and, during one mission, I was holding the back button to view the map. As I was doing this, a terrorist killed me. The map and unit locations disappeared, but the tinted square and legend remained while I was in observation mode. After starting the next match (on the same level) my mini map was tucked away as if I was playing single-player. I could still view the full map by holding the back button, but the upper-right hand corner of the screen was empty. I played match after match like this and it stayed hidden. I happen to like having that handy, so, on one match, before the last terrorist on the map was killed, I kept the full map open by holding the back button just before and during the "Mission Success" announcement. On the following match, the mini map returned.

I read somewhere on this forum someone's complaint about not being able to turn off the mini map in multiplayer. I haven't tried this in PVP multiplayer, but I suspect doing this might have the same effect.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Last night I hosted a Terrorist Hunt and, during one mission, I was holding the back button to view the map. As I was doing this, a terrorist killed me. The map and unit locations disappeared, but the tinted square and legend remained while I was in observation mode. After starting the next match (on the same level) my mini map was tucked away as if I was playing single-player. I could still view the full map by holding the back button, but the upper-right hand corner of the screen was empty. I played match after match like this and it stayed hidden. I happen to like having that handy, so, on one match, before the last terrorist on the map was killed, I kept the full map open by holding the back button just before and during the "Mission Success" announcement. On the following match, the mini map returned.

I read somewhere on this forum someone's complaint about not being able to turn off the mini map in multiplayer. I haven't tried this in PVP multiplayer, but I suspect doing this might have the same effect.

Cool, Great find for us noobie-crutch haters.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rogue__Spear:
    Shoving

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cool, Great find for us noobie-crutch haters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only problem is you're handicapping yourself and nobody else. It still need to be a host option to turn it off.

Yes but I wont feel like a noob when im flashed and I can still see everything going on around me in the map.

Shoving

actually, i want to play a game that has absolutely NO hud whatsoever.

just full screen, what-you-see-is-what-you-get.

no counter for bullets, no radar, nothing.

so far i've only played 2 personally that fit that bill.

Ghost Recon and Socom (although, bullet counters were there but whatever.)
    ----
    My 3rd person cover improvement idea: click here

Try AA with the hud turned off.

Shoving

the mini map is fine. to see were your players are but not the red dots for the other team. its ok in regular matches but in clan matches it sux