Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here does model planes - PART THIRTEEN | Forums

Wow, that's really cool TT! How do you simulate the rust and burnt metal? That tree stump is also great.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Just added some sand texture that Vallejo do, then painted it with black, green, white, and a couple of orange brown shades with a brush, the stump I made with magic sculpt and painted it

Done ...

My Modelling Workbench

Nice flowers Thor :-) !Seriously though , a local hobby shop is selling Revell(Ex Matchbox) german 'assault guns' / 'tank destroyers' at half price .I know these have a very mixed reputation some being great others terrible.As far as I know there's a JagdPANTHER , a JagdPanzer IV / L70 and maybe some Stug/s ...i know youve made at least some of these ,got any opinions/advice about which are good?

Depends. If you're talking about 1/72 scale kits then most are Revell's own development (although Revell StuGs are all bad kits, Dragon is much better) but if you're talking about 1/76 scale kits (which come with a base) then those are the old Matchbox kits from the 1970s and 80s. Of course these aren't up to nowadays' specs but they have their fans for being classics.

My Modelling Workbench

Just started on the display base for an 1/32 Revel Arado 196 that I`m also building, to be mounted on the Bismark/Tirptz catapult Very early stages

Britain...try writing history without us!

Very cool stuff indeed, chaps!

"You need to get out and **** more, L_F m8."

Thats a good idea JG will try that i was going to have the f-15 in flight mode , ive already done the insides to take to brass rods that were going to come out of the engines and be attached to a nice oak base so need to find a canopy both parts. thae JU88 looks like its going to be another masterpiece m8 and the drone is big didnt realise how big they are.wheres my thumbs up smiley gone

hello luno never seen you around here before i see you have many projects on the go .

Dieg smart looking apache m8 , thats one thing i need for my collection a helicopter , would like an RAF sea king 1/48

Thor spectacular work especially with the small scale you had to work on, top work.

TT i see you have mastered the weather technique that looks the buisness m8. i will give your technique a go in future projects.

whiteladder long time no see , is that all scratch built , an interesting idea for displaying the arado.

Lowflyer hows it going m8 what have you been up to,
    like your signature as well lol
    Last edited by buglord; 02-14-2012 at 05:16 AM.

WIP lot of filling and sanding as the fit was not the best but it is an old monogram but not the worst ive had to work with , just got some seat harness`s for it off e-bay.

whiteladder long time no see , is that all scratch built , an interesting idea for displaying the arado.
    I have been thinking about this for a while, it is from scratch. I did a bit of research on the design of the catapult used on the ship, looked at some of the pictures of the wreck. I worked out the dimensions as best I could by comparing know objects in the pictures. Then made a simple plan in Turbocad, the construction is fairly simple, its made up from "L" section plastic beams cut to the appropriate lengths. It not 100% accurate, but close enough

Last edited by whiteladder; 02-14-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Britain...try writing history without us!

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast