Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy solutuion to warrior imbalance | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

The class, which is considered most unbalanced would be warrior. I didn't believe warrior was so strong, up until the point when I started playing one...ownage. And imho due only to one thing: speed. I have absolutely no prob with a warrior slashing through me like a hot knife in butter, if he gets up close. The problem is, they get up close too damn fast.

Movement speed should be nerfed, so that they can't catch up with assasins and archers.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The class, which is considered most unbalanced would be warrior. I didn't believe warrior was so strong, up until the point when I started playing one...ownage. And imho due only to one thing: speed. I have absolutely no prob with a warrior slashing through me like a hot knife in butter, if he gets up close. The problem is, they get up close too damn fast.

Movement speed should be nerfed, so that they can't catch up with assasins and archers.

Hell. Yes.

I'd rather see the Assassin gain speed. They're the most athletic of the 5 (alongside with the Knights too).

Though if the Archers (at least humans) are hunters, they need to do some running as well but I don't think they need a boost.

Logic dictates that warriors are the most fit, but it's not logical that they can run like the wind while wearing heavy plate armor, a huge sword you can barely lift, and a shield ! They should be slowed down. Perhaps DM needs speed limits and cops to deal out tickets for speeding ?
    But if you make the other classes faster than the warrior, than how can the warrior kill anyone ? He can hardly surprise them ! I think that the solution is to make them equally fast, or make the warrior a little bit faster.

Granted, warriors are a powerful class. However, when you think about the game mechanics logically, it makes them seem less "overpowered."
    For instance, if you're a mage or a priestess, you have spent the vast majority of your life being rather sedentary. You pour over books and talk to people. You aren't out running around.
    On the flip side, if one were a warrior, you would have selected that from a fairly young age. You would naturally be stronger and faster than most people, otherwise you wouldn't have chosen to be a warrior. Then, you train hard. You run around, and do all sorts of physical exercises to make yourself stronger and faster than everyone else. You have spent YEARS of your life getting stronger and faster.
    I do think Archers and, especially, assassins should be slightly faster than they currently are, but I also think the warrior's speed is pretty good.

As for warriors running around in sword, shield, and heavy plate...The sword is one-handed, the shield is medium, and the armor is, at best, field plate. Not that heavy.

I totally agree, I play a wizard... Im lucky to get one or two kills a game> i switched to warrior and killed a party of 4 enemies myself before being taken down.

The major thing really to get make a warrior balanced is to get rid of the auto aim lock feature, this way they dont just have to hold down alt and slash over and over which in my opinion dumbs down the strategy of the combat.

OR atleast make it so that warriors and assassins can only auto aim on those of the same class.

I agree with removing autolock.

But I know a lot of wizards that tend to take top spots on the scores, usually get more kills than deaths. I'm a pretty good warrior, and against decent opponents I'm happy with an even k/d, slightly more kills perhaps .

It's all about playing the class. As a warrior I use any route I can to get close to spawn points without having to cover huge amounts of ground. And will always restup to make sure I can cover the ground quickly. Now if a mage is up in a building, that makes my life so much harder, and usually struggle to remove them. Especialy if they are smart enough to jump of the side when they see me about to go up the stairs.

And as for the slower warriors, as said, then they couldn't catch, and thus couldn't kill, anything. Just pretend, that in this fantasy world, armour can be magic, or perhaps well crafted, and thus lighter....

And as for swinging a sword, it's a short sword (if it isn't it's range is terrible). I've done a bit of mucking about with broadswords, 3 and a half foot long solid steel blades, and one handed I reckon I could easily get three strikes off a second, at least if I trained a bit more.

I do medieval fighting for the SCA in steel armor, as well as practicing on pells and forms with real swords. 3 strikes in one second is possible, but not with a larger sword. I think the warrior in DM slashs pretty quick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FeroxtheWizard:
    I do medieval fighting for the SCA in steel armor, as well as practicing on pells and forms with real swords. 3 strikes in one second is possible, but not with a larger sword. I think the warrior in DM slashs pretty quick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, and the sword the warrior has is bloody short I can tell you

And it's a fantasy world, things can be a bit easier still. I mean I haven't seen a single guy on a battlefield pull off a fireball or curse in real life, thus mages and priestess shouldn't be able to do it :P

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast