Thread: Reply, edit and quote button bug | Forums

Hello,

At this time I am not able to use the reply blue arrow, edit and quote buttons at the bottom of a post.

The yellow arrow (fast reply) is ok and from there I can access the normal reply window.

I do not know if it is a forum bug or if it is because I have upgraded from Internet Explorer 6 to version #7.

Any suggestion would be very welcome.

Thank you,
    Nanouk.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello,

At this time I am not able to use the reply blue arrow, edit and quote buttons at the bottom of a post.

The yellow arrow (fast reply) is ok and from there I can access the normal reply window.

I do not know if it is a forum bug or if it is because I have upgraded from Internet Explorer 6 to version #7.

Any suggestion would be very welcome.

Thank you,
    Nanouk.

This most likely isn't the only problem you'll be having after "upgrading" to IE 7! If you don't believe that, just Google Internet Explorer 7 problems, which will give you about 191,000,000 hits. Yes, that's 191 million.

Presumably, you've had the problem during more than one discrete Forum session (that is, several times you logged out, closed IE, opened IE, logged back in, and had the problem). If that's the situation and unless you absolutely can't live without IE 7, do the following:

First, uninstall IE 7 and restore IE 6, as detailed in How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.

Then, disable automatic installation of IE 7 (by Windows Update) using the Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 7.
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Yep Heimdall G,

That was my problem alright. To get IE 7, I had to accept the SP2 update and it got very messy.
    When trying to upload some additionnal updates yesterday, I got a blue screen, pc crash.

Have to go through a full pc reinstallation.

Many thanks for the advices.

You're welcome!
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi