Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It makes you wonder, doesn't it? | Forums

Banned
    What IS Ubisoft's policy now?

They tell us nothing.

Oh wait, they tell us to 'be patient'. They tell us to 'be reasonable'. They tell us to 'hold on'.

My response, the one I CAN put on this forum, is 'Why should I'?

Does Ubisoft even CARE about their customers anymore? If so, you could have fooled me.

I bought Splinter Cell Conviction, on the strength of the Ubisoft name and reputation. Boy was I shafted. I admit it, you all got me. You got me good.

I had problems installing and playing the game. I contacted tech support and even now, several MONTHS later, have yet to receive a response. Maybe they know I google searched the answer ten days after I bought the game and could play it that way. Of course, not online, but who cares? I could play it.

I have to admit, it is a fun game. I detest the route you people took the franchise. But this is not about Splinter Cell.

This is about Ghost Recon. I assume that sooner or later your company WILL give out some kind of announcement about Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

Too late. You have lost a customer, and I bet I am not the only one. Your company has decided that silence is the best policy, and personally, I can understand. Better not to tell the fans anything at all than tell them something that may change. Who cares how it makes us feel. We are not important, all we are is the people who BUY YOUR ****ING GAMES! I kind of think it is OUR money that PAYS YOUR SALARIES!

Actually, we WERE the people who bought your ****ING games.

Personally, the money I was going to spend on this and the disappointment that was HAWX2 will go to other companies, ones who actually DO care about their clients, their customers, their fans. Ones who actually LISTEN to their players, do for-real Beta testing (You know, the kind designed to find and fix GAME BREAKING bugs BEFORE launch? Shocking,I know...), and TRY to fix problems when they are found after launch. Rather than Ubisoft's answer to all of that:

Silence.

Well, you have my silence from now on as well, Ubisoft. I MIGHT buy one of your games in the future if it is sold for $3 or less on Steam or if I find it in a bargain bin. Nowhere else.

You can take you 'new direction' and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. And I don't think I am the only player who thinks this. Goodbye and good riddance.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    What IS Ubisoft's policy now?

They tell us nothing.

Oh wait, they tell us to 'be patient'. They tell us to 'be reasonable'. They tell us to 'hold on'.

My response, the one I CAN put on this forum, is 'Why should I'?

Does Ubisoft even CARE about their customers anymore? If so, you could have fooled me.

I bought Splinter Cell Conviction, on the strength of the Ubisoft name and reputation. Boy was I shafted. I admit it, you all got me. You got me good.

I had problems installing and playing the game. I contacted tech support and even now, several MONTHS later, have yet to receive a response. Maybe they know I google searched the answer ten days after I bought the game and could play it that way. Of course, not online, but who cares? I could play it.

I have to admit, it is a fun game. I detest the route you people took the franchise. But this is not about Splinter Cell.

This is about Ghost Recon. I assume that sooner or later your company WILL give out some kind of announcement about Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

Too late. You have lost a customer, and I bet I am not the only one. Your company has decided that silence is the best policy, and personally, I can understand. Better not to tell the fans anything at all than tell them something that may change. Who cares how it makes us feel. We are not important, all we are is the people who BUY YOUR ****ING GAMES! I kind of think it is OUR money that PAYS YOUR SALARIES!

Actually, we WERE the people who bought your ****ING games.

Personally, the money I was going to spend on this and the disappointment that was HAWX2 will go to other companies, ones who actually DO care about their clients, their customers, their fans. Ones who actually LISTEN to their players, do for-real Beta testing (You know, the kind designed to find and fix GAME BREAKING bugs BEFORE launch? Shocking,I know...), and TRY to fix problems when they are found after launch. Rather than Ubisoft's answer to all of that:

Silence.

Well, you have my silence from now on as well, Ubisoft. I MIGHT buy one of your games in the future if it is sold for $3 or less on Steam or if I find it in a bargain bin. Nowhere else.

You can take you 'new direction' and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. And I don't think I am the only player who thinks this. Goodbye and good riddance.

I totally agree with you, Its nice that somebody agrees with me also, Ive always said buyer beware, ubisoft theres something wrong with there management. I always like there games to a point, but its true they could care less about the customers, to them its all about money and doesnt matter how many they screw over to get it...good luck ubisoft may the future be told....

You know, as an older gamer (40) there really isn't many games that I play where I truly enjoy the multiplayer like I have with the Ghost Recon series, both on my 360 & PC. Hell, it was Island Thunder that prompted me to buy an xbox (and PC versions) to begin with and if it wasn't for the fantastic Ghost Recon community I would have given up on this franchise/company long ago. I've played the "other" popular shooter(s) and they just doesn't compare, especially when talking about the community within the game.

With that said, I find it truly disappointing that Ubisoft has been treating it's customer base with such disregard. From the whole Splinter Cell beta fiasco (what a money maker it was I imagine) to the out right lack of information after some seriously built hype it's really hard to believe they ever planned to release the game (or even the beta) within the timeline they originally stated. I understand they want to make a great game - I want them to make a great game too. Rushing games out never is good but seriously, why not toss everyone a bone? I don't mean just us players, but some of the damn stores that are taking pre-orders, advertising the game etc.

For example, a couple days ago I went and picked up a World of Warcraft game card at my local EB Games for my wife and while there I inquired about Future soldier. How the pre-sales were going, if they had any new info on a release date or even a hint about the beta, that sort of stuff.

I was looked at with a blank stare for a minute or two and the guy says, "Games due out next month" according to this (as he looked at the computer). After a short conversation about what I had read here, and else where online the guy made a call to the store manager - even he hadn't heard anything but was eventually able to confirm that game wasn't due next month. Imagine that.

Ubisoft, in my opinion, your ruining a fine community of players that have supported and enjoyed this franchise for years.

Anyway, that's my rambling internet post for the day - back to lurking.

- Greg

Not much to say here, because I agree with you lot as well, and we're all on the same boat. No longer am I supporting a company that could care less about its community. Or, uh... What's left of it. Nice one.

As a 2004 Ghost veteran I can only agree with you brothers in arms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kalenath:
    .......on the strength of the Ubisoft name and reputation.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please provide example(s). Cause I can't think of any....

Banned
    *sigh* I wasn't actually going to respond again, but oh well...

@ Bota-16

1st Ghost Recon was incredible. 1st Splinter Cell had me playing for years. If I could still play it on a modern PC I would. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2, had problems, I disliked a bunch of the 'improvements', but I still play them.

They have made incredible games in the past. It is only recently that they apparently decided that people who play their games don't matter. I remember, when I had a problem with Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, I called, they figured out a fix for the problem RIGHT THEN.

I am STILL waiting for a reply about connecting to multiplayer in Splinter Cell: Conviction. I get on, I get booted. I get on, I get booted. Oh yeah, THAT is fun. I have figured out that it is NOT my system. It is theirs. I guess my problem either cannot be fixed or they don't care enough to respond.

I am betting they just don't care.

Money talks after all, and bull**** walks. We bought their games. Why should any of them CARE about us now?

As to my comment about quality? I tried Blazing Angels 2 recently when I preordered HAWX2. Does ANYONE think ANY reputable company doing quality testing would have missed the fact that you cannot lower the ****ING landing gear on any of the planes?

Just a little glitch that wouldn't have made it past ALPHA testing in a decent game company.

Ubisoft used to be a good company. but now, they don't seem to care anymore. Well, neither do I. I am giving my money to someone else. Maybe Lucasarts, maybe Bungie, maybe someone else. But not Ubisoft. All of my preorders have been canceled due to their absolute lack of care.

After all, why would we matter? All we are is the customer.

.. blah blah...blah,... blahblah blah blah blah

blah blah...

yes ubisoft has terrible pr and marketing..

... and when Future Soldier comes out we'll buy it (if you havn't already) all be playing at 12:01 am on the release date.

I know it, and you know it.

everything else is just blah blah blah blah

... the only real question is "will it be good enough to make us purchase Future Soldier II"

Banned
    Blah, blah blah indeed.

I for one will NOT be preordering this game, or buying it when it comes out. Provided of course it is even OFFERED for PC, which is not a sure thing with Ubisoft these days.

I will wait for it to drop in price before I give Ubisoft any more of my money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast