Thread: Wild China | Forums

Anyone watching this docu on BBC2?,awsome stuff
    "In China's far south west, rich jungles nestle below towering peaks. Jewel-coloured birds and ancient tribes share forested valleys where wild elephants still roam"

Now I taught the weeping willow how to cry,
    And I showed the clouds how to cover up a clear blue sky.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

"In China's far south west, rich jungles nestle below towering peaks. Jewel-coloured birds and ancient tribes share forested valleys where wild elephants still roam"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steiner562:
    "In China's far south west, rich jungles nestle below towering peaks. Jewel-coloured birds and ancient tribes share forested valleys where wild elephants still roam" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought the series had finished, but yeah it was great. My favourite was the episode "Shangri-la" or something
    "We are only seeking Man. We have no need of other worlds. We need mirrors. We don't know what to do with other worlds. A single world, our own, suffices us; but we can't accept it for what it is. We are seaching for an ideal image of our own world" - Solaris

Didn't know it was a series ,maybe its because Im watching BBC Ulster and you guys got it before us,or I should watch BBC2 after MOTD2 ends in future,anyway great show.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steiner562:
    Didn't know it was a series ,maybe its because Im watching BBC Ulster and you guys got it before us,or I should watch BBC2 after MOTD2 ends in future,anyway great show. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buy the DVD boxset, you wont be dissapointed. They truly left me stunned, awed, and longing to be outdoors in the middle of nowhere. The filming and naration of this real ethereal feel to them. It sent shivers down my spine like really good music. Some of the places they explored were effectively undiscovered, I only hope they dont become massive tourist hotspots
    "We are only seeking Man. We have no need of other worlds. We need mirrors. We don't know what to do with other worlds. A single world, our own, suffices us; but we can't accept it for what it is. We are seaching for an ideal image of our own world" - Solaris

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only" ahh well I guess they are on youtube somewhere,will have a look tommorrow cheers mate.

Me and my best friend from college are seriously considering in a couple of years meeting up with an old friend in Hong Kong then trekking the southwestern silk road together.

Might as well do this stuff before we get pwned by marriage or serious relationships *screams in fear like a girl*