Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 1 and Windows 7 problem... | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Ok ive been searching for about a week now to an answer to my problem but nothing ever works. I got Assassin's Creed 1 for the PC but it keeps failing to get to the start screen. I have windows 7 and here is my problem.

I installed the game and that went fine.
    I runt he game it updates then after about 30 seconds of black screen it goes greyish with an error message saying that Assassin's Creed has stopped working and windows is searching for a solution to the problem.
    This happens everytime i run the game in DirectX9 or 10.

What should i do?

My laptop is an HP Pavilion Notebook version Pv6, fairly new almost a year old soon to be on December 25th and i meet all of the minimum and maximum requirements to run the game what is wrong?

TY for your assisstance.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ok ive been searching for about a week now to an answer to my problem but nothing ever works. I got Assassin's Creed 1 for the PC but it keeps failing to get to the start screen. I have windows 7 and here is my problem.

I installed the game and that went fine.
    I runt he game it updates then after about 30 seconds of black screen it goes greyish with an error message saying that Assassin's Creed has stopped working and windows is searching for a solution to the problem.
    This happens everytime i run the game in DirectX9 or 10.

What should i do?

My laptop is an HP Pavilion Notebook version Pv6, fairly new almost a year old soon to be on December 25th and i meet all of the minimum and maximum requirements to run the game what is wrong?

TY for your assisstance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are playing the game on a Notebook/laptop ? This can create a bottleneck, because AC does not properly support MOBILE version of Video cards. What are your FULL Laptop specs, mainly including the Graphics Processor Model ? You need to provide more System details.

The game might struggle to run on a Laptop, because according to Official required Specs, it says, 'Laptop versions of Video cards may work but are NOT supported'. So please make a note of this, and read all the Official required Specs listed here:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cg...E!&p_li=&p_topview=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here are my computer specs.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4000MB RAM
    Page File: 2139MB used, 5856MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

My video card is:

Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

DAC Type: Internal

Adapter String: Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD

Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1695MB

TY for the help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My video card is:
    Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    DAC Type: Internal
    Adapter String: Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry to say this, but your Laptop does not fully meet the Game's requirements.

Actually the main problem here, is your Laptop's integrated Graphics processor i.e. the Intel Series Express Chipset. The Game does not support it, and you need to have at least a 256 MB Shader Model 3.0 Video card, to properly run the game. These Chipsets are not meant for playing High-end games like AC/AC2. Actually these chipsets have minimal 3D capability, and there is no Hardware Transform and Lighting, or Vertex Shader support. This chip has no dedicated graphics memory. You should always have a proper Graphics card/GPU, supporting the said Shader Model for the game. Your other Laptop specs are fine.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
    ATI RADEON X1600* / 1650*-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800* / 7 / 8 / 9 series
    *PCI Express only supported.

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's better if you upgrade to a proper gaming PC, because Assassin's Creed is a very Graphic demanding game, and playing it on a Notebook might make the game to Lag/stutter. And some Laptop Models are actually not meant for playing High-end Games like AC.

Anyway, what in-game GRAPHICS settings and Screen Resolution are you using to play AC ? Try to Lower ALL of them down while playing the Game, and see whether you are still able to play it or not ? Reducing the 'Screen Resolution', might also give you some performance gain.

In case of any doubt, you can also visit this Website:

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But thats just it. I cant even play the game i dont even get to the start screen to change settings. I can easily get into AC2 and play that pretty easily while the graphics are down but this doesnt even get that far.

How is it that AC2 easily gets to the start screen and runs fine on low graphics while AC wont even get to the start screen? If i truely have to upgrade i will when i can afford that kind of system, but i would prefer to just build an incredible Desktop just cause i know how and its slightly cheaper then having them build it for me. XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm..... Ok, You can try reinstalling the FULL game again, on some other Hard drive location/folder, if this problem persists. (Don't use the same Windows path/folder. Give the installer a different/new path). Do a FRESH install of the game now, and after installing try using the DEFAULT in-game Video settings, IF you can reach the Main MENU.

Do you have the Retail copy, or you downloaded this game from STEAM, D2D etc. ? Have you tried Launching the game under 'Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode ' ? If you can somehow manage to play AC2, then this game should also run on your Graphics processor.

On a side note, Update/install the DirectX 9 files from here, if needed:

http://www.microsoft.com/downl...C3-AE91-50CEB6D8FA8D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TY SO MUCH!!!!!!! It works great now that its being run in a compatibility way.

hello .. I have a problem with the game assassin creed first I see that maybe you knew what was going on. I bought the original version installed I normally like you and I turned the game and jumped me error no response. and about a week ago that downloaded the game from the internet but turned pirate Uploader crack this game and the movie that flew at the beginning and then showed a white screen and no response .. I have a laptop Toshiba L300 Processor Type: Intel ® Pentium ® T4200
    Clock speed: 2.00 GHz
    External Clock: 800 MHz
    Second-level cache: 1 MB
    Vista graphics card manufacturer: Intel ®
    Type: Mobile Intel ® GMA 4500M
    Memory: Up to 1 340 MB total available graphics memory with 3 GB system memory
    Memory type: shared
    and I think so. I do not know what it would be very useful to me your help ..

Banned

hey kratos817,

it's kind of unclear and hard to understand your problem ! why did u download the game again, and used a cracked version ?? don't disuss piracy out here, as it's against the forum rules.

Remove and delete any 'crack' files from your original game, and use the original game exe file to play AC. A crack/no-dvd can cause a White Screen and crashes with the game. remove all illegal files from your Laptop.

but, as told above ''Laptop versions of video cards may work but are NOT supported'', so on your laptop the game may not run properly i think so. u can upgrade to a PC, if u wish. check the 'system requirements' link given above.

or as stated above, try Launching the game under 'Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode ', if u are using VISTA or win 7.

you laptop may not be very good for this game, so

* disable Vsync, and Multisampling. I turned these options OFF, and reduced them down while playing ac2. have you tried this ? Disable both these options.

* don't run any background progams, and any Antivirus software during the gameplay session.

When you start to play the game select and choose the Lowest Screen Resolution, and change all the graphic settings to LOW. please lower down and disable MultiSampling, and VSync.

u should first play the game on the lowest possible graphic details, because your laptop mau not be fully compatible this game.

AC is high demanding on the systme hardware. i have mid-range system, and my fps drops sometime.

Have you UPDATED all your drivers (Video/audio) ?? if not, then please update them fully. do u have Reatail copy or Steam ? then u can try reinstalling the full game again, if you face any kind of crash. u can do a fresh install.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast