Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why everyone should use Tab view. | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Just a suggestion, if you think you might be using other learning materials in the future, such as scale diagrams, TAB, chord diagrams, even standard notation - use the tab view instead of the standard view.

i.e. use the view where the low E string (thickest string) is at the bottom - as if you're looking down onto the surface of the fretboard, not through the back of the guitar neck. This is how real Tab and scale/chord diagrams are traditionally laid out and would would be very confusing to someone used to the standard Rocksmith view.

That said, I have not received the game yet so who knows - the standard view could be intuitive, but the issue is something to keep in mind.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Just a suggestion, if you think you might be using other learning materials in the future, such as scale diagrams, TAB, chord diagrams, even standard notation - use the tab view instead of the standard view.

i.e. use the view where the low E string (thickest string) is at the bottom - as if you're looking down onto the surface of the fretboard, not through the back of the guitar neck. This is how real Tab and scale/chord diagrams are traditionally laid out and would would be very confusing to someone used to the standard Rocksmith view.

That said, I have not received the game yet so who knows - the standard view could be intuitive, but the issue is something to keep in mind.

I couldn't agree more.

I am pretty used to reading tab, and after trying the game on the default setting for a bit, I quickly inverted it. So much easier.

For a beginner, it may be harder to do it this way at first, but if you are thinking about playing guitar beyond this game, I would invert it right away.

Agreed. The Tab view should be the default.

It seemed as if some of the guitarcade games and tutorials default to "Bass E on top" even when I put it in Tab mode though.

I believe they talk about that in the "Sting Layout" topic below.

I agree, the tab look should be used if your going to try other songs.

Agreed. The default should not be a mirror image of the guitar fretboard.

The "inverted" Tab-like mode should be the default.

I'm not sure why you guys think tab view should be the default when the entire interface of Rocksmith revolves around an actual 3D guitar neck in the typical vertical position. Tab view makes sense if you're looking at a flat fretboard, but you aren't. Frankly I've never understood why tablature is written inversely.

A guess...perhaps tab is written inversly (low notes at the bottom) to mirror standard staff notation. It has always made sense to me and i have never thought twice about it until playing Rocksmith, which BTW i have swapped to the tab view so chords are represented in a familiar way.

You are Right red is not matter at all...
    But I'm that creazy guy keep looking on tabs.. so for me it make sense.

As I said in my previouse post

Regards
    Martin.. it's just a mater of what you feel right

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedHotFuzz:
    I'm not sure why you guys think tab view should be the default when the entire interface of Rocksmith revolves around an actual 3D guitar neck in the typical vertical position. Tab view makes sense if you're looking at a flat fretboard, but you aren't. Frankly I've never understood why tablature is written inversely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because when you glance down at your hand you rotate the guitar towards yourself slightly so you can see your fingers rather than use your X-Ray vision to look through the neck. From that slightly rotated view, the low E is at the bottom of your field of view and the high E is at the top.

Pretty much the way Tab has been written since the battle of Hastings.

Go into any music store and you'll find guitar books written in Tab like this. If you play Rocksmith with the interface inverted, you'll have a much easier time learning the songs in those books.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast