Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction freezes and crashes pc | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

i can play the game for about an hour, then the game suddenly freezes, and the pc crashes, i will have to reboot to be able to use my pc again.

my specs:
    Core i7 1.6 ghz(2.8ghz turbo mode)
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1GB
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 64 Bit (SP1)

hope someone can help me
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i can play the game for about an hour, then the game suddenly freezes, and the pc crashes, i will have to reboot to be able to use my pc again.

my specs:
    Core i7 1.6 ghz(2.8ghz turbo mode)
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1GB
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 64 Bit (SP1)

hope someone can help me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SniperElite_380:
    i can play the game for about an hour, then the game suddenly freezes, and the pc crashes, i will have to reboot to be able to use my pc again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Do you get this issue only while playing SCC, or even with other PC titles ? Do you get any Error message/BSOD when the Game crashes ? Have you done a MEM test on this System ?

Are there any 'Overheating' signs on your Video Card, and other System components ? You are playing on a Laptop, right (ATI Mobility Radeon) ?

Close ALL background applications/AV scanners etc. while gaming, and if by any chance you have ASUS GamerOSD, and/or SmartDoctor installed, then kindly remove it. It has known to create a lag, with some of the PC titles. You must also remove any other Real-time Overclocking tools/utilities you may currently have.

Have you also first checked how many CPU cores have been 'utilized', after you start playing the Game for a while ? Monitor the 'CPU Usage' here, while the Game is running, or use some other App.

After you have loaded the Game's Main Menu, Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL/CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and Click on the Processes Tab. On the Processes tab, at the bottom click on the 'Show processes from all users' Button. Now Right click the process i.e. conviction_game.exe, and Click on the 'Set Affinity' option, and then look for the boxes labelled as CPU 0, CPU 1 etc. Just see how many CPU cores does the game fully utilize ? How many boxes are 'Checked' ?

You can also 'uncheck' the CPU 0, CPU 1 boxes here, if you want to play the game on Only 2 CPU cores, only if necessary...

So 'Uncheck' any 2 boxes labelled as CPU 0, CPU 1 etc., and click on the OK button. But first Launch the game and then press 'ALT-TAB' to go back to the desktop, and now open the Task Manager, and follow the above method. Press 'ALT-TAB' to go back to the game. But as you have the Core i7 CPU, so I think you need to 'Uncheck' any 6 boxes, to play the game on 2 CPU cores. Some Core i7 chips might display 8 boxes labelled as CPU 0, CPU 1, under the Task Manager.

//* NOTE. Some Core i7 CPU chips, Display 8 boxes instead of 4, under the processes Tab. These are actually Threads. Each of the four cores can process up to two threads simultaneously, so the processor appears to the OS as 'eight' CPUs. So that's why I told you to Unckeck 6 boxes. Or, you can turn OFF 'Hyper-threading' in the BIOS, and uncheck only 2 boxes.

**Another method:: Insert the following command inside the Target line at the game's Shortcut TAB. Make a Shortcut of the game's .EXE and insert the following command (Right-click----&gt;Go to properties----&gt;Shortcut TAB):

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start /HIGH /affinity 3 conviction_game.exe

This will allow the game to run on High priority, and only on 2 CPU cores.

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start /HIGH /affinity 1 conviction_game.exe

This will allow the Game to run on High priority, and only on 1 CPU core.

You can also use this tool for setting the CPU affinity/priority:

http://edgemeal.110mb.com/PriFinitty/index.htm

-------------------------------------------------