Hi, due to the sucefullness of my little fables I decided to make a tread with them. Read and enjoy, here are my first 3. And I'm working on the next right now.
A paladin is walking in the dead fields of the necrorealms, he is brave and confidant, just a few kilometers back he had vanquished 30 ghosts. He sees a sword carved in the earth... a battlefield from ages ago. He walks aware, after a few steps bones rises from the ground, the paladin don't think twice and smash the skeleton with his shield, another rises behind him, he turns with the sword and cuts the skeleton in half. After half hour of battle the paladin killed around 130 skeletons, and is proud of his deed. Then, bones arise from his foot to the horizon. At distance, Sandro laughs in a throne.
"Another fool fell, what a lovely day."
An Archangel is flying through the green fields thinking: "What evil may I smite today?"
He sees in a road 7 knights in golden armors fighting a couple of vampires. "Perfect!"
He approaches, one knight fell from his mount and one of the vampires sucks his blood. The 6 others surrounds this one and start striking.
The second vampire leaps and decapitates 2 knights in the air, the knights fall back and regroup. The wounded vampire sucks the blood from the heads of the decapitated.
The Archangel approaches further: "An easy kill"
The vampire dodges turning into a bat, he takes his normal form behind the Archangel, but 2 knights impale his body with their spear, the archangel turns and decapitates the vampire.
The archangel raises his hand over the body of the deceased knights. They come back to life. The archangel turns to the other vampire and says:
- You are outnumbered, accept your fate and let me execute your foulness in the honorable way.
The vampires replies:
- Sure, but what about these knights? Don't you see their belts?
The archangel turns to the knights, they have lots of bags in their belts, some of these covered in blood.
- Execute this creature of darkness holy one, the taxes of the denizens have nothing to do with your job.- Shouts a knight.
- What is this...blood?
- Don't you see? They are taking the taxes from the denizens of the realms, but some people are growing poor. So they hide their money.
- They have no right to hide the money, they have to pay the fee for the protection WE offer, it is not our fault if they fight for the money they are STEALING from the realm.
- Yes, the starving people want to keep their money to survive, it is the greatest of the crimes.
- Of course! They are living in our boarders, so they have to pay for the protection and lands we offer, if they want to hide from this obligation they deserve no less than death. Now do your job ho... AIEEEEE!!!
The archangel decapitated the knight in a sudden charge. His eyes glowing in anger. He flies to the next before he has the chance of draw his sword. He dies in the ground.
One of the resurrected charges and impale the archangel wings with his spear, the archangel turns to counter-attack, but the vampire drops him from the mount and start attacking him with his claws in the ground.
The 4 other knights charge to the archangel, with a swift strike to the ground he makes it tremble and erupts, 2 horses are swallowed by the earth with their riders.
The other 2 engage in melee with the archangel, with his unharmed wing he drops one to the ground, the other is pierced by his sword.
The one who fell faces the archangel and shouts:
- TREACHERY! You are going against your holy Dragon-God.
- My holy Dragon-God despises the killing of denizens. What you do is inhuman.
- Ha-ha! You will pay! You'll see! I swea...
The archangel sword pierces his heart, the archangel faces the vampire.
- Now you, accept your punishment. My judgment is holy and...
- No thanks- He turns into a bat- You cant follow me with that wing, but hey, just because I broke my oath this don't mean that what they did was untrue. I had nothing to do with them, we were just walking by the road, but we smelled the blood from the bags from some kilometers. Now let me enjoy my undeath.
- Da*mn vampire! You'll be smited by me someday. But now, I have some to think about...
It was dark at night, the elven general enters in the tavern:
- Give me a shot, the best you have.
- Yes general.
He drinks from the wooden cup, a strong beverage, good for the day that passed.
- Long day general?- Asks someone sitting in his side.
- Oh yeah... 6 losses, and one was young, only 155 years. The raids of the dark elves against us are becoming really annoying.
- How come?
- They attacked with a hydra! Da*mn, those beasts were never supposed to leave the undergrounds...
- Yes, I suppose.
- It is sad, if that treant weren't there... my entire unit would die.
- You not?
- I could probably take my way out.
- Interesting, retreat?
- No, just... if I were losing.
- HA! And you think you can take an hydra?
- Not think, know. Hydras are tricky, but still only monsters... isn't a dragon spawn or anything.
- How would you take it?
- How I took it you mean...
- What? And the treant?
- He just gave cover for my troops, so they could shoot from a safe place.
- Interesting indeed.
- Well, I shoot 3 arrows at one of it's throats... it hissed in anger and attacked me. It already had eaten 4 of my mans in no time.
- Heh. Looks dangerous.
- I climbed it. Took my bow and shoot some more arrows in the middle head. It tried to eat me, but it's back is a hard spot. And my man continued to shoot. One head reached me and I jumped above it and made my sword goes from one side to another, one head down... then it smashed down the tree roots where my man were. 4 of them fell, 2 of those survived...
- So that's how they died huh?
- Yes, I climbed the middle head and put my sword in it's eye. I jumped back as another head tried to catch me. It bited the head I was on. But another head was down where I fell, and bite me in my torso...
He pulls his cloak up and show a big wound under his chest, it was healed, but yet quite damaged.
- The druids did a nice job on you.
- Yes, I suppose. My bow slipped from my hand, I drawed another sword. I put my sword through his throat and took it out from its dead head. Another head down. But the pain was unbearable. The treant comes to my rescue, a head tries to bite him but he smashes the head in the ground. As another head finally falls due the number of arrows in it. 4 heads down.
- Then what?
- The treant bows to take me, but the central head attacks it and take out his arm.
- Did it died?
- No, one arm is no big deal to a treant. But I jumped over the head and made a cut above it's undamaged eye. I was on the head. So the hydra, unsuccessful in trying to take me out as I continued to pierce it's nose with my sword, aimed it's head in a tree and charged at it. It was going to make a head butt in the tree! And I would be between the tree and its head. But the treant grasped it's neck before that.
- The treant was still in combat?
- Not exactly, but could still grab something with his other arm. I used the opportunity to spike it's head one last time with my sword. But it still didn't fell. It shakes it's head and put me off balance. When I fell to the ground it did a final strike trying to smash me with it's head.
- And you survived? I mean, how?
- Barely, I pointed my sword up so it smashed into my sword... and myself. The druids helped me in time, but some bones are still healing.
- That's all I wanted to hear...
The mysterious listener raises his hand above the general's head, and a dagger is filling it. He strike fast with the dagger at the general's heart. The general drops to the ground and everyone gets panicked.
As the tavern keeper and all the customers try to run away, the elven general raise from the ground.
- There is no use to disguise your skin if you get excited by my history when someone dies or a treant gets injured... DARK ELF!
- WHA...! I aimed for your heart, how?
- You mean my arm?
He drops his cloak and show his arm with the dagger trespassing it.
- Poison... you really wanted to be sure.
The dark elf draws a hand crossbow and aims at the general's head.
- I won't miss this time.
He shoots, the general dodges and jumps toward his assassin. Another shoot, the general crouches and roll forward, he draws his sword and places it in the dark elf's heart.
- I didn't miss, you can be sure. When I showed you my wound I took the chance to place my arm at my side to mimic my back and I sat a little further to my left. Too bad you're dying, I could use a messenger to send to your matriarchs that their assassins won't kill me that easy. But I had pity for you, I'm pretty sure they would do much worse to you.
- What you want to say?
The general approaches his head.
- Bastard! *Cough*...
- You couldn't resist could you? Well, someone call a druidess please, I have some venom to take out of my body.