Thread: Game freezes in certain areas | Forums

Everytime I play Driver (on pc) and drive a while the game freezes for a short time, then resumes.. And if I make a turn to drive the same part back it happens again. So it happens at certain parts, like it loads areas. Is there any way to fix this?

My YouTube Profile
    [COLOR:RED]The choice is already made, you just don't know it yet.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR:BLACK]Ain't
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Everytime I play Driver (on pc) and drive a while the game freezes for a short time, then resumes.. And if I make a turn to drive the same part back it happens again. So it happens at certain parts, like it loads areas. Is there any way to fix this?

My YouTube Profile

just to confirm as there is confusion sometimes is this "Driver: You are the Wheelman" your talking about or "Driver: Parallel Lines"?

It's Parallel Lines, and I read in the readme file that some pc's have pauses during gameplay.. But it doesn't say if there is any fix..

My YouTube Profile

If you can give me your system specs this will help me targeting the problem quite quickly.

Me I had that problem, when I had 512MB ram, I upgraded to 1.5gig and the problem is completely gone.

So just a simple upgrade will do the trick.
    But if you could show me your system specs I can tell you what could be causing it if you wanted to upgrade.

I have 1 gig but I don't think that's the problem. In the readme it says it's the hard drive. I went to support.ubi.com a time ago but they don't respond.. they never do..

My YouTube Profile

You need more memory partner. 1GB is considered half full these days. You need another gig so the game can load more territory in memory and do less disc swapping.

PC's need graphic card upgrades, processor increases, more RAM, etc. It's constant maintenence to play the latest games, and sometimes, a new PC is needed if the old one's too old.

That's one reason I stopped playing PC games, and just play consoles, which are designed to handle all the games (but even with an occasional crash).
    --------------
    Driver SF2, include: Everything from DSF and... More freedom to explore: Open Parking Lots, Offroad hills, forests, bring us into a Rural Setting, customizable options, lots of RAMPS again and corkscrew wooden bridges across ponds, Sportbikes too. And please lose the lame roadside rails, so we can REALLY go off road and fly off without hitting invisible walls.