Thread: Solved: Conviction Launching Issues on OS X Lion | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

If Conviction crashes whenever you launch it on Mac OS X Lion, the following may provide a workaround. (Paths provided for a Steam install. Adjust for your situation as needed)

Steam forum for Assassin's Creed (another Ubisoft title having similar launching issues in Lion) had a solution which also worked for Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Forum Link:
    http://forums.steampowered.com...thread.php?t=2183652

Link to an updated Ubisoft Game Launcher presumably for Lion was posted:
    http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...ameLauncher.mpkg.zip
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Once you've downloaded the Ubisoft Game Launcher for Mac, double-click on "UbisoftGameLauncher.mpkg.zip".
    <LI> Now right-click on "UbisoftGameLauncher.mpkg" and select "Show Package Contents".
    <LI> Open "Contents" then "Packages".
    <LI> Right-click on "ubisoftGameLauncher.pkg" and select "Show Package Contents".
    <LI> Open "Contents".
    <LI> Now double-click on "Archive.pax.gz".
    <LI> It will unzip twice and you'll see the Ubisoft Game Launcher App magically appear.[/list]
    Overwriting the Ubisoft Game Launcher.app in the following location with the updated one above resolved the issue:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/tom clancy's splinter cell conviction/Ubisoft

When is Ubisoft going to update their Steam package so users don't have to manually patch this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If Conviction crashes whenever you launch it on Mac OS X Lion, the following may provide a workaround. (Paths provided for a Steam install. Adjust for your situation as needed)

Steam forum for Assassin's Creed (another Ubisoft title having similar launching issues in Lion) had a solution which also worked for Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Forum Link:
    http://forums.steampowered.com...thread.php?t=2183652

Link to an updated Ubisoft Game Launcher presumably for Lion was posted:
    http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...ameLauncher.mpkg.zip
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Once you've downloaded the Ubisoft Game Launcher for Mac, double-click on "UbisoftGameLauncher.mpkg.zip".
    <LI> Now right-click on "UbisoftGameLauncher.mpkg" and select "Show Package Contents".
    <LI> Open "Contents" then "Packages".
    <LI> Right-click on "ubisoftGameLauncher.pkg" and select "Show Package Contents".
    <LI> Open "Contents".
    <LI> Now double-click on "Archive.pax.gz".
    <LI> It will unzip twice and you'll see the Ubisoft Game Launcher App magically appear.[/list]
    Overwriting the Ubisoft Game Launcher.app in the following location with the updated one above resolved the issue:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/tom clancy's splinter cell conviction/Ubisoft

When is Ubisoft going to update their Steam package so users don't have to manually patch this?

Well, my Ubisoft Game Launcher now launches without any problem, BUT when I click "PLAY", the game opens and after 1 sec it crashes (no error window).

Anyone with that problem too?

Not exactly. One thing I did notice is that the intro "ads" don't display. I hear the audio from them, but stare at a black screen for a minute before the Conviction title screen appears and I'm asked to hit a key to continue. No crashes though.

i bought my game from D2D and its having all the drama issues as well. but i don't have filer like steam and steam apps, I'm not sure what to replace with the downloaded game launcher. mine goes like this

HD/library/application support/ubisoft/ "ubisoft game launcher" or /tom clancy splinter cell convictions/ "game update"

so im replacing the above game launcher with the one downloaded? so i did that and well, the game starts, only difference is how the application starts, but doesn't not improve anything about the actual game, performance or fix any issues really.

here is what it looks like when it starts and during the game, and my settings on the lowest possible settings.

thats all i see mostly, i can't even see the main menu, only sub menu by trying to click around and such, once the game starts and he starts moving around i have no idea where I'm going lol

Splinter Cell Conviction macosx Lion non Steam resolved and finally working!!!

I have Splinter Cell for macosx with non steam and buy it from macgamestore.com and always crash every time i try to play and the game is not working completely except when after first time the game installed. i try contact the support team on macgamestore but very dissappointed not to respone my problem,and also ubisoft not support for mac user. And this crash until now ubisoft still not to respone to release new patch for fix the problem. and several month i did not ever play the game which i have already buy.fell crazy about Ubisoft who make me lost $24,95 and don't have a responsibility to sell the game for Mac port but unplayable. i hope someday Ubisoft to have more attentions for they're game that ported for mac user. many many ways i have tried to make the game working on my Macbook Pro 15". Suddenly i have a simple way that not need to thinking hard to make working the game. Okey now the steps

- If you already install the game just run the game as usually, fill the Ubi account and your password in first looks of the Ubi launcher. (optional: you can check'Remember me')
    -Click Login
    - Suddenly first launcher disappear and comes up the second one Ubi launcher. in this step you will see that launcher said "LAUNCHING". at this momment you will need click a wheel little icon at right above of the second launcher, suddenly it show up a pop up that says "SAVED GAME SETTING Do you want to disable saved games to be stored online? bla...bla...bla....ect" and you just need to click 'OK'
    - Restart your game launcher
    - If the game still not working, you need to uninstall your Splinter Cell Conviction with UninstallSC5 that you can find it in original DMG game file or in your mac applications folder/ubisoft/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction/UninstallSC5. if you not using this app to uninstall, your game will cannot reinstall to your Mac.if this happen just run UninstallSC5
    -in the final step just reinstall the game and play it forever and ever and no need to change anything, i garantee your game will be working now. HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!!

SO the conclusion of this bug is you must make launcher to disabled from to make saved game to be stored online

What issues did you have Ragung? Im trying to follow your guideline but im not quite understanding =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragung View Post
    I have Splinter Cell for macosx with non steam and buy it from macgamestore.com and always crash every time i try to play and the game is not working completely except when after first time the game installed. i try contact the support team on macgamestore but very dissappointed not to respone my problem,and also ubisoft not support for mac user. And this crash until now ubisoft still not to respone to release new patch for fix the problem. and several month i did not ever play the game which i have already buy.fell crazy about Ubisoft who make me lost $24,95 and don't have a responsibility to sell the game for Mac port but unplayable. i hope someday Ubisoft to have more attentions for they're game that ported for mac user. many many ways i have tried to make the game working on my Macbook Pro 15". Suddenly i have a simple way that not need to thinking hard to make working the game. Okey now the steps

- If you already install the game just run the game as usually, fill the Ubi account and your password in first looks of the Ubi launcher. (optional: you can check'Remember me')
    -Click Login
    - Suddenly first launcher disappear and comes up the second one Ubi launcher. in this step you will see that launcher said "LAUNCHING". at this momment you will need click a wheel little icon at right above of the second launcher, suddenly it show up a pop up that says "SAVED GAME SETTING Do you want to disable saved games to be stored online? bla...bla...bla....ect" and you just need to click 'OK'
    - Restart your game launcher
    - If the game still not working, you need to uninstall your Splinter Cell Conviction with UninstallSC5 that you can find it in original DMG game file or in your mac applications folder/ubisoft/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction/UninstallSC5. if you not using this app to uninstall, your game will cannot reinstall to your Mac.if this happen just run UninstallSC5
    -in the final step just reinstall the game and play it forever and ever and no need to change anything, i garantee your game will be working now. HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!!

SO the conclusion of this bug is you must make launcher to disabled from to make saved game to be stored online

well i have this problem with the steam version of assassins creed brotherhood on mac so i bought it to play multiplayer (not that anyone's on it or i cant join because of matchmaking issues) and my game launcher keeps saying that it cant connect to the internet any fixes on that because this fix doesnt work for it. but the weird thing is i installed it on my brothers imac and he could connect and play online (but with the matchmaking issues he couldnt find any games) and even when i reinstall it it doesnt work ;'(

Quote Originally Posted by Putcharles View Post
    Well, my Ubisoft Game Launcher now launches without any problem, BUT when I click "PLAY", the game opens and after 1 sec it crashes (no error window).

Anyone with that problem too?
    I have this problem. Did you ever find a solution?

I tried to disable internet saves but that didn't do anything.

I have the exact same problem as GT. I can get to the game, but it wont work when I get to the game.
    I've tried to mess around with the video settings, but it still doesnt work.

I have a Macbook Pro Lion 10.7.4
    8gb RAM
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything!