Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate tools to improve game performance | Forums

The ultimate tools to improve game performance !

1. COMMON SENSE
    2. PATIENCE
    3. THE ABILITY TO RESIST "QUICK MAGIC FIXES"
    4. TRUST IN THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

And last but not least a good well balanced PC rig.
    All these magic tools only upset your PC set up and increase load on CPU/System,

Practice training sessions and be competent on one aircraft.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

1. COMMON SENSE
    2. PATIENCE

And last but not least a good well balanced PC rig.
    All these magic tools only upset your PC set up and increase load on CPU/System,

Practice training sessions and be competent on one aircraft.

just use LOman

Can't use LoMan. It corrupts my fonts in the GUI. I have done several install/re-installs just to be sure it was LoMan that was causing the problem not sure if there is a fix for me.
    P4 2.8Ghz
    Asus P4T533
    1Gb RambusRam
    LeadTek GF4 Ti 4600 Pro
    Win XP (Home)

Amen to that.

I won't use LOman or anythinng else. I don't like going into stuff and changing stuff and finding out that what I changed effects somthing else and then I don't remember what I changed so the only whay to get it back is a system restore and then I end up loosing whatever else I installed since the last restore point.

I may not play LOMAC again untill the next patch comes out. I'm tired of lockups and slide show sand I never had a blue screen untill I installed the patc

I understand that I have to tweek my settings in the game. But why should I have to tweek stuff in my system that I dont have a clue about. Some things I don't feel competant enough to touch. Those that I do I mess around whith but I never see much improvement. I'll patiently play other games untill the next patch

P4 2.6/800fsb with Hyper Treading
    Gigabyte GT 865 Intel Chipset
    1G pc3200/400
    FX 5900 128MB

P4 775-630 3.0 o/c to 4.1 (Water cooled)
    Abit AA8XE-3rd Eye
    1GB Geil pc533/4300
    X850XT PCI-E o/c to 595/560 (Water Cooled)
    Audigy 2 ZS
    CH Fighter Stick/Pro Throt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Air-Force-1:

1. COMMON SENSE
    2. PATIENCE
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

some "quick fixes" are actually useful.

HL name : Scofflaw

> "TRUST IN THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM"
    -----

Who paid you to write that! lol

But serioulsy tho. I take your point. But its about getting the balance right. There are such a variety of rigs, operating systems and drivers etc, that some customisation and tweaking is inevitable, otherwise we might as well all be clones sitting at the same desk playing fixed system consoles. Thats the beauty of PC games:
    "customisation". The dev team have done a grand job, but they are not all knowing. There are some serious fps issues in this game, but the users have been some life-saving fixes in the form of low-fps replacement textures, sound and graphic workarounds etc as well.

But you are right. We should resist trying every fix that comes along, if only because their would be very little time to play LockOn!
    We should also be flexible and open to change, and use our intuitions as well. And that sometimes means just 'going for it!' and giving it a try if you really feel its for you.

Rant ends.

Happy fps.

Tin

---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Air-Force-1:

1. COMMON SENSE
    2. PATIENCE

Air-Force-1:

5. AND HALF A DOZEN GOOD PATCHES........

Dont like Loman, Seems To Screw My Hole Game Up.
    If However Somebody Was To Post There Settings, They Use To Inprove There Game, I would Give it Another Go.

butcherboy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So right,, Tinfish.........
    Gosh Tho, Put Yourself in the Software developers shoes for a sec or 2......

As you mentioned ther are so many different Computer rigs,OS's, drivers,Overclocked Systems etc.

How is it possible to suit every 1 of these machines to run as efficient as possible??

The guys that have constant troubles, Maybe its not the game, its your 50 processes in the background, Backdoor Trojans, Viruses in your computer...
    Console developers don't take the abuse that PC Developers do thats for sure.

But, You wouldn't get me to go near a Console Game or Sim.
    PC is where it's at In spite of the hours we TWeak lol to get it up and running.

As Air Force stated..

Patience, Patience.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast